Reitz Jr Panther Hill Classic

BodyslamU

We would like to thank everyone for supporting our first tournament in several years. We had three main goals when we considered hosting this tourney. First goal was to start on time. We had a 9:30 posted start time and we began wrestling at 9:28, mission one accomplished! Our second goal was to keep all 8 wrestling surfaces going at all times, other than a few very short breaks I feel we did well in this goal also. Goal three was not run out of food, this one was close but we managed to stay ontop of this issue all day as well. We were hoping for 200 wrestlers and had 378, nearly doubling our expectations. While there were a few snags (mouth pieces and head gear mostly) we ran 378 wrestlers thru in 5 1/2 hours. We have made lists of items to stream line it in the future and after running this one we feel we will be better prepared next year. We would like to hear any comments (constructive critisim included) to improve this event next year.

We did decide to limit next years tournament to the first 400 entrys as our gym has limited space and we feel it was near max capacity. Once again all the Reitz coaches, parents and booster club members would like to thank everyone for attending our event and look forward to hosting everyone next year.

We really enjoyed the tournament!  One thing to consider would be to have weigh-in's.  I really think there should be weigh-in's at every tournament.  You are already doing skin checks so it wouldn't take much longer to have the wrestlers step on a scale.  And it would be nice to have the brackets posted, even if they might change the day of, before the tournament.  If you don't have brackets done, then at least post who you have entered for the tournament, age and weight.  It really helps those who are traveling a long ways to know how many kids are in their weight class.  Overall, a great tournament!

You are able to check who is in what weight class and how many on track wrestling. We did have to adjust 25 brackets, however it would be tough to have 400 kids weigh and get them all bracketed in such a short amount of time. We did use weights from the Princeton tourney the day before ours. We are trying to piggyback off them to draw more entries. A kind of wrestle Princeton, stay the night then wrestle at Reitz. However it is something we will talk about at the next booster meeting. Thank you for your comments and we are glad you had a great tourney. Good luck the rest of the year and hope to see you next year.

My big issue is just the honor system with weigh-in's.  We went to the Princeton tourney and they did the honor system with weigh-in's also.  You don't have to do the brackets the day of the tourney.  You have people fax or email, just like you did, to register their wrestler.  The day of the tourney, while you are having skin checks, all you have to do is look at their age and what weight group they signed up for.  If they don't make weigh-in's then they are disqualified. No different then going to a State meet.

I agree.  Results need to be posted.  I posted results for 105# Novice, but that is because my kid wrestles in that group.  I am going to try and get all results for as many as the Novice weight groups I can at the tournaments we go to. 

My big issue is just the honor system with weigh-in's.  We went to the Princeton tourney and they did the honor system with weigh-in's also.  You don't have to do the brackets the day of the tourney.  You have people fax or email, just like you did, to register their wrestler.  The day of the tourney, while you are having skin checks, all you have to do is look at their age and what weight group they signed up for.  If they don't make weigh-in's then they are disqualified. No different then going to a State meet.

I thought if you didn't make weight at state, they bumped you up to the next class.  since you weigh in the night before, they have time to redo the brackets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.