Sportsmanship Award

Bruin106

I have to say I was very proud to be a Bruin Parent this last weekend at the Garrett Invite!  In a time when too many of our wrestlers are called for unsportsmanship conduct and Fort Wayne Schools are getting a bad reputation.  Northrop's Heavyweight showed class and humanity.  It was during the finals for 5th and 6th place where Keondre had a rough takedown and injured Ryan Baker from Dekalb.  The match was stopped for several minutes.  Keondre was up 2-1 at this point.  When it was obvious Ryan was not going to be able to return.  Keondre forfeited the match to Ryan and assisted him off the mat!  How many wrestlers do you know who would give a match away, no matter what the circumstances?  Very proud of this young man!!  I hope if any of you see this young man down the road you let him know  what a class act he is!!!

I have to say I was very proud to be a Bruin Parent this last weekend at the Garrett Invite!  In a time when too many of our wrestlers are called for unsportsmanship conduct and Fort Wayne Schools are getting a bad reputation.  Northrop's Heavyweight showed class and humanity.  It was during the finals for 5th and 6th place where Keondre had a rough takedown and injured Ryan Baker from Dekalb.  The match was stopped for several minutes.  Keondre was up 2-1 at this point.  When it was obvious Ryan was not going to be able to return.  Keondre forfeited the match to Ryan and assisted him off the mat!  How many wrestlers do you know who would give a match away, no matter what the circumstances?  Very proud of this young man!!  I hope if any of you see this young man down the road you let him know  what a class act he is!!!

Actually it was called a slam and Baker could not go on so the match was given to Baker.  But with that said this is definetly worth the post for sportmanship.  Keondre helped Baker off of the mat and sat with him on the bleachers to see if he was alright.

It is always nice to see positive posts instead of the negative ones all of the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.