no acknowledgement for the small school wrestlers

angelafox

Oh ok, just saying we are in the same boat and have gotten in super duals with SB Clay, Yorktown, and Elkhart Memorial in the past three years. 

Our issue is that we are having a better year than normal yet only have four wrestlers that could hang in these tournaments with the top competition.  The remaining how ever many we did put out would be totally swamped.

It is tough for a coach to try to get into them for the top kids like dad2's boy knowing that most of the kids will be manhandled and learn nothing.

I too am just a dad and have seen the competition level drop significantly between the first son and my last.

It is a tough call for a coach and I see both sides.

The one wrestler we have had ranked wrestled hard in the off season and saw the top competition in the state and nationally and it made him much better.  He was ranked preseason but dropped through the year.  But he was standing a few steps high than predicted the last day of the season so he was OK with it.

Our issue is that we are having a better year than normal yet only have four wrestlers that could hang in these tournaments with the top competition.  The remaining how ever many we did put out would be totally swamped.

It is tough for a coach to try to get into them for the top kids like dad2's boy knowing that most of the kids will be manhandled and learn nothing.

I too am just a dad and have seen the competition level drop significantly between the first son and my last.

It is a tough call for a coach and I see both sides.

The one wrestler we have had ranked wrestled hard in the off season and saw the top competition in the state and nationally and it made him much better.  He was ranked preseason but dropped through the year.  But he was standing a few steps high than predicted the last day of the season so he was OK with it.

I agree but I think you have balance it out.  Many small schools get sucked into the trap of wrestling the same schools over and over again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.