New Hyway Events (HYWAY TEAM STATE)

IMAWRESTLER

$450 entry fee and teams need to provide table help. That's a ton of money for only 4 to 6 matches.

That would be about $22.50 per kid if they aren't HYWA members and $17.50 per kid if they are members.  Doesn't sound expensive to me.

That would be about $22.50 per kid if they aren't HYWA members and $17.50 per kid if they are members.   Doesn't sound expensive to me.

That's if you have 20 kids on the roster. If that happens then not every kid will get to wrestle in each match because you only have 13 weight classes.

I/we are modeling this after what MYWAY has done in Michigan with their Team State Tournament.  MYWAY Team State has grown into a tremendous event.  This event will be very similar to the Dual Meet Tournament we had here last May, which I believe was a huge success.  

Let me try to address some concerns as best as I can:

1.) As far as the extra 7 guys on your roster getting matches, we were able to get all of our guys at least 4 matches at the other tournament we had here last year.  When our meet finished early or another mat was available, we arranged exhibtion matches.  All of my guys got at least 4 matches.  I do not see this being an issue.

2.) As far as the cost, again we are modeling it after MYWAY Team State.  Consider that to wrestling at some state events after purchsing a card and entry fee it can cost as much as $65 a wrestler and you are only guaranteed only 2 matches.  

Let me know of any other concerns and I will answer as best and honestly as I can.  This is new to me and I learning too....anyone who knows me, though, understands how important I think dual competitions and team wrestling is to our sport.  I could not pass up the opportunity to attempt to add a quality Team Dual Meet Event to Indiana when asked.

Thanks!

Snyder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.