ball state club wrestling

this is a post on the BSU wrestling club site to inform students of upcoming activities.  the club will be competing in the NCWA. 

Ball State Wrestling Club

**UPDATES**

28 August 2011

Hey everyone, as promised I am updating the website with practice times and information. Starting the week of Sunday 28 August 2011, we will be practicing Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 7:30 to 9:00 PM. Our workout schedule will be as follows:

Tuesday: Each individual wrestler will be given a physical performance test. This test is to see where each of you fall as of physical endurance. The test will be given in three parts.

PART 1: Pushups = Each individual will have two minutes to do as many proper and correct pushups as possible.

PART 2: Sit-ups = Each individual will have two minutes to do as many proper and correct sit-ups as possible.

PART 3: 1-mile run = Each individual will start at the same time and complete a 1-mile run as quickly as possible.

This test is NOT pass or fail!!!! This is just for the coaches to see where each individual needs to improve or if anyone needs one on one workout time with the physical and athletic trainers

Thursday: We will be running in an AGR (Ability Group Run). Each group will consist of the following so start thinking about where you would fall, but the final determining step will be told to you on Tuesday.

A Group = 6:30 minute mile or faster running with Coach Miller.

B Group = 6:31 to 7:45 minute mile Running with Coaches Tracey and Dismore.

C Group = 7:46 and slower minute mile running with Coaches Hance and Webb.

Friday: WE WILL HIT THE MAT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ROOM RC213 at 7:30 PM!!! We will be working on technique of a lt of moves.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or my staff by use of the contact form, email, or text message. I look forward to seeing everyone this week!!!

If you missed our meeting this past Thursday please click the link below and down fill out the form and please bring it on Tuesday with a cop y of your BSU ID. You can ot participate in anything we do until this form ins turned into me!

sportclubreleaseform.pdf

Download File

the cards are up and running :) 

these are the meets thus far for this years schedule.

12th November 2011 - Ball State VS. University of Southern Indiana (ISU will Host)

28th January 2012 - Ball State VS. Bowling Green University VS. Ohio University (BGSU will Host)

28th February 2012 - Ball State VS. University of Southern Indiana (ISU will Host)