EXTRA POUNDS FOR SATURDAY?!?

Chickenwingz

Im just wondering if 1 regional got the +4lbs allowence, shouldnt the whole state get the extra 4 pounds? it would seem unfair for kids in one regional to weigh 134, and kids in another regional on the same day to weigh 132. Plus IHSAA needs to allow atleast 1 pound for some of these regionals, some teams have not practiced for days.

Im just wondering if 1 regional got the +4lbs allowence, shouldnt the whole state get the extra 4 pounds? it would seem unfair for kids in one regional to weigh 134, and kids in another regional on the same day to weigh 132. Plus IHSAA needs to allow atleast 1 pound for some of these regionals, some teams have not practiced for days.

thats a good point i think thats how it should be but i dont know with the ihsaa

How would a wrestlers weight at one regional affect another regional?

That kind of thinking would lead to every wrestling getting one or two pounds whenever any school doesn't practice in the state on any given saturday.

you do have a point there, but the fact that its the IHSAA state tournament series now, and EVERY wrestler in the state at this point, shares the same goal to make it to conseco. it seems unfair that during state series that someone else during one of the weeks was allowed to weight 144, and you had to weight 142. idk i guess its just me  :P

i can understand 1 pound ... maybe 2 ... but i think every wrestler at this point in the season should be managing their weights respectively on their own ... this isnt little league anymore and working out on their own should be something that they should already be doing if they want to make it to State!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.