Mishawka sectional final-215

Gallegos-215

I must agree with Y2 that Penn parent should face some kind of repercussion.  She had to be restrained by other parents!!  Come on people!  I do feel bad for the Penn wrestler though, to get Boo'ed by the whole crowd (except for the Penn folks) had to have been embaressing

ccbig, as a coach and a parent, you giving this lady an excuse for her actions is ridiculous! What would your reaction be if an out of control parent were to make their way from the bleachers down to the floor and got in your kid's face like that? NOBODY has the right to get in a kid's face like that. And you're right about wrestling teaching its participants self control. Joe did the ADULT thing and just walked away without saying a word to her. She is very lucky that he is a class kid from a class program. That situation could have turned out very bad if she had done that to the wrong kid. I agree that there should be disciplinary action against her. Maybe ban her until state where it is much more difficult to get onto the floor?

Sweed, what do you think about when snider went nuts during the marshall vs kolat match? yelling at the ref continuosly, throwing his papers? what about the people that booed? that shows you have no class if you are booing a high school wrestler.. maybe everyone should have booed the mishawaka 215 when he was injured? oh ya and your spelling does need a little work looking at ur recent post!!!!

Sweed, what do you think about when snider went nuts during the marshall vs kolat match? yelling at the ref continuosly, throwing his papers? what about the people that booed? that shows you have no class if you are booing a high school wrestler.. maybe everyone should have booed the mishawaka 215 when he was injured? oh ya and your spelling does need a little work looking at ur recent post!!!!

Again like I said very emotional sport...Snider did get a little crazy.. I was very surprised he wasn't ejected.....But I must admit it is very entertaining..... Gotta luv wrestling...

Bigworm I think your alittle confused or maybe I'am.  It appeared to me that the crowd was Booing the Mishawaka coach(snyder) not the wrestler, because snyder was following and screaming at the ref.  I've seen coaches asked to leave for alot less.  IMO he should been ejected or at the very least warned.  P.S. I dont think anyone on here should be complaining about grammar  LOL

Bigworm I think your alittle confused or maybe I'am.  It appeared to me that the crowd was Booing the Mishawaka coach(snyder) not the wrestler, because snyder was following and screaming at the ref.  I've seen coaches asked to leave for alot less.  IMO he should been ejected or at the very least warned.  P.S. I dont think anyone on here should be complaining about grammar   LOL

I think he's referring to when people booed Reagan.

Well, I have no dog on this fight. Just want to share my observation.

I'm originally from out of state, although I moved to the SB area a while back. Love wrestling, participated in HS, always enjoy watching great match ups. Because of that, made my first trip to watch some Indiana wrestling yesterday, at the Mishawaka sectional. Having heard re: the quality of wrestling in this area of the state, I was really excited about the day.

Frankly, I was appalled. Yes, it's a tough, emotional sport, that brings both the best...and worst....out of both participants & spectators. However, the fans and (I assume) parents of BOTH Penn & Mishawaka, were the worst I'd ever experienced. For either group to point the finger at the other, is ludicrous. Both sets of "fans" brought one word to mind:

Classless

I am sure the mother feels bad about her actions, no excuse but emotions run high when it comes to children. The wrestler showed he is a very impressive young man and I am sure the mother feels bad and will apologize as well. Now maybe the "holier than thou crowd" who has never done anything they regret can leave the building.

As for being "classless" I saw one parent from Mishawaka lose it and the Mom from Penn lose it. That's it, so to call the entire Mishawaka and Penn crowd classless is out of line.

The "holier than thou crowd" is at it again.

I am sure the mother feels bad about her actions, no excuse but emotions run high when it comes to children. The wrestler showed he is a very impressive young man and I am sure the mother feels bad and will apologize as well. Now maybe the "holier than thou crowd" who has never done anything they regret can leave the building.

Well said!

Well, I have no dog on this fight. Just want to share my observation.

I'm originally from out of state, although I moved to the SB area a while back. Love wrestling, participated in HS, always enjoy watching great match ups. Because of that, made my first trip to watch some Indiana wrestling yesterday, at the Mishawaka sectional. Having heard re: the quality of wrestling in this area of the state, I was really excited about the day.

Frankly, I was appalled. Yes, it's a tough, emotional sport, that brings both the best...and worst....out of both participants & spectators. However, the fans and (I assume) parents of BOTH Penn & Mishawaka, were the worst I'd ever experienced. For either group to point the finger at the other, is ludicrous. Both sets of "fans" brought one word to mind:

Classless

Well I must say that as a parent that has a Dog in the fight, I am sad to hear that... The fact that u r not from around here maybe I should fill u in, the Penn Mishawaka  rivalry is as intense as it gets... It has always been like that... I am pretty sure that it will never change, unfortunately.  I personally am not proud of the way parents and students act sometimes, but I know for a fact Penn is trying to be more conscious of the way they act.    Yesterday was definitely crazy.. I was a bit surprised myself...But honestly the only thing I saw a Penn parent do was the mom of the 215pd... Did I miss something else?   On the other hand I can give multiple things I saw the Mishawaka coaches, students, and parents do that was... as u put it "classless"......  I am not pointing fingers just stating facts.....

Well I must say that as a parent that has a Dog in the fight, I am sad to hear that... The fact that u r not from around here maybe I should fill u in, the Penn Mishawaka  rivalry is as intense as it gets... It has always been like that... I am pretty sure that it will never change, unfortunately.  I personally am not proud of the way parents and students act sometimes, but I know for a fact Penn is trying to be more conscious of the way they act.    Yesterday was definitely crazy.. I was a bit surprised myself...But honestly the only thing I saw a Penn parent do was the mom of the 215pd... Did I miss something else?   On the other hand I can give multiple things I saw the Mishawaka coaches, students, and parents do that was... as u put it "classless"......  I am not pointing fingers just stating facts.....

I've been in the area a few years now. I've certainly learned that Penn-Mishawaka is an intense rivalry. Having said that, it's not unique. These rivalries exists pretty much everywhere. The sport may change, the size and demographics of the towns (or school districts) may change....but the rivalries are the same.

Having said that, the things I heard yelled, the personal level of some of the attacks, the actions of the coaching staffs, were ridiculous. To a certain level, I can "excuse" the students. They're kids....they do & say dumb / immature things. The "adults", though? Good grief, people. Grow up and get hold of your selves. Those are other people's children you're yelling those things at.

Yes, it was both "sides." Frankly, I kept moving around, trying to find an island of (relative) sanity, so I could just simply enjoy the bouts. I ended up just standing in the upper ring most of the time.

Sad thing? I almost brought my son along. Glad I didn't...

I've been in the area a few years now. I've certainly learned that Penn-Mishawaka is an intense rivalry. Having said that, it's not unique. These rivalries exists pretty much everywhere. The sport may change, the size and demographics of the towns (or school districts) may change....but the rivalries are the same.

Having said that, the things I heard yelled, the personal level of some of the attacks, the actions of the coaching staffs, were ridiculous. To a certain level, I can "excuse" the students. They're kids....they do & say dumb / immature things. The "adults", though? Good grief, people. Grow up and get hold of your selves. Those are other people's children you're yelling those things at.

Yes, it was both "sides." Frankly, I kept moving around, trying to find an island of (relative) sanity, so I could just simply enjoy the bouts. I ended up just standing in the upper ring most of the time.

Sad thing? I almost brought my son along. Glad I didn't...

Well I am very sad to hear that.... I personally appreciate u pointing it out though.... Hopefully Penn and Mishawaka will try to pay closer attention to the way they act....Sorry for your bad experience.....

On a positive note the Penn community should be very proud of this wrestling team. I am sure they will represent the area very well as they continue the journey. What a great job Coach Harper and his entire coaching staff have done. Good luck.

They definitely have worked hard and deserve the Sectional title win. As for the parents getting loud, you will see that everywhere you go when it comes to wrestling.  Emotions run high when your child is the one wrestling.  You will also see coaches occasionally blow up about calls, etc.  This, however, does not excuse a Penn coach's comments to a Mishawaka wrestler, nor does it excuse the negative actions of the wrestlers when they win, especially when they mouth obscenities to the opposing team.  This is supposed to be the "leader" of their team?  Inexcusable and not pretty to see.  A definite turnoff for spectators.

They definitely have worked hard and deserve the Sectional title win. As for the parents getting loud, you will see that everywhere you go when it comes to wrestling.  Emotions run high when your child is the one wrestling.  You will also see coaches occasionally blow up about calls, etc.  This, however, does not excuse a Penn coach's comments to a Mishawaka wrestler, nor does it excuse the negative actions of the wrestlers when they win, especially when they mouth obscenities to the opposing team.  This is supposed to be the "leader" of their team?  Inexcusable and not pretty to see.  A definite turnoff for spectators.

I think I know what u r talking about... But you left out the 1st half of the story... The thing that provoked the wrestler and the coach..  Which was inexcusable and not pretty as well.... That is if we r talking about the same thing.... Which I am pretty sure we r.......Also u shouldn't make accusations that the wrestler mouthed obscenities... anyone that knows this wrestler knows he has more class then that.....

I think I know what u r talking about... But you left out the 1st half of the story... The thing that provoked the wrestler and the coach..  Which was inexcusable and not pretty as well.... That is if we r talking about the same thing.... Which I am pretty sure we r.......Also u shouldn't make accusations that the wrestler mouthed obscenities... anyone that knows this wrestler knows he has more class then that.....

What exactly was provoked?  In my opinion, it really doesn't matter-Coaches are leaders...shouldn't join in.  Be an adult.  A leader.  A coach.  I saw the wrestler say the word...not an accusation...saw it with my own two eyes.  The "classy" wrestler faced the Mishawaka side...not the Penn side...and said it, so of course you didn't see it.  Bottom line is he didn't win with class and the coach was not much better.  Coaches may get mad with officials on bad calls but making things personal, especially with the kids, is just wrong.

What exactly was provoked?  In my opinion, it really doesn't matter-Coaches are leaders...shouldn't join in.  Be an adult.  A leader.  A coach.  I saw the wrestler say the word...not an accusation...saw it with my own two eyes.  The "classy" wrestler faced the Mishawaka side...not the Penn side...and said it, so of course you didn't see it.  Bottom line is he didn't win with class and the coach was not much better.  Coaches may get mad with officials on bad calls but making things personal, especially with the kids, is just wrong.

Oh so obviously u didn't see the Mishawaka coaches mocking the wrestler when he was getting his award along with all of the other wrestlers... Or the kids that were taunting him the whole time he was wrestling....Did u hear or see all of that? No because their backs were to u... There r 2 sides to every story. ... And the Penn wrestler u saw him say the word...So u r saying u read his lips.. OK...That is a pretty huge accusation on the grounds u read his lips....

Oh so obviously u didn't see the Mishawaka coaches mocking the wrestler when he was getting his award along with all of the other wrestlers... Or the kids that were taunting him the whole time he was wrestling....Did u hear or see all of that? No because their backs were to u... There r 2 sides to every story. ... And the Penn wrestler u saw him say the word...So u r saying u read his lips.. OK...That is a pretty huge accusation on the grounds u read his lips....

There were all kinds of kids there yelling and taunting everyone who wrestled.  Doesn't give an excuse to call the opposing side "bitches" after the win, especially being a team leader.  Again, not an accusation.  It happened.  And no, I didn't see any head Mishawaka coaches mocking anyone getting awards.  They were coaching most of the time.  I do, however, know that one of Penn's head coaches did make comments that were uncalled for to a Mishawaka wrestler.  All I am saying is that even though emotions run high, coaches and team leaders need to keep it together, especially taking it to the next level.