Crawfordsville sectional predictions?

Tar12

I have to agree with 1 exception at 160.Mitchell has beaten him once already and it was not close. 5-0 and Mitchell was injured as well.My boy (Clough) bumped up twice this year for various reasons and it was not close and he pinned him the second time.Do not misconstrue I like Bryce and he is a strong kid but does not have the skill set or experince that Mitchell or Clough has.My nod goes to Mitchell.

Was unaware of head to head and the matches and matches with Clough. I was really trying to pick a couple upsets. Andrew is only getting stronger with every match. F.C. has set themselves up for success with the new coach, from the feedback I have heard. Saturday should be very exciting! Have you seen Zionsvilles brackets yet?

i still dont think southmont has a shot this weekend... it seems to me that coach W is becoming a little soft on his guys now days kinda disapointing the kids laugh about getting beat, they act mad then turn around 5 min lattter laughing...

I dont no the southmont head coach personally, but I have heard great things about him.  I do no an assistant coach there quite well and from what i can tell they work their kids pretty hard.  I also believe a coach completely chewing a kid out for losing is a little over the top.  I can understand having a few words with him, but keep it reasonable.  If the coach is softening up in practice then that can be a bit of a bad thing, but u can't work the kids til they feel like their gonna fall over and die.  Also about the kids laughing, its good to get mad when u lose as long as they do it within reason.  Big deal if they are laughing five minutes later, they are kids out there havin fun with their friends.  I remember laughing occasionaly after a few losses, you can't sit and pout about a loss or get so mad you lose your temper (which i have also done).  In my experience, going back on your losses and just beating yourself up about it is not a good thing.  Its good to be a lil ticked so you work harder to get better, but you have to shake it off and get the next one. 

i still dont think southmont has a shot this weekend... it seems to me that coach W is becoming a little soft on his guys now days kinda disapointing the kids laugh about getting beat, they act mad then turn around 5 min lattter laughing...

If the intensity that is in the Southmont wrestling room now is "SOFT" compared to the past, that had to be a very hostile environment. I have sat in on Souths practices this season and having wrestled in the region back in the day, I think I have a good idea of HARD practices and Hard coaches, there is nothing soft about the room or the coach. Having said that, once trained heart and desire to win must come from within the competitor. Lots of youth, talented youth, transitioning into next level.

" One cannot always judge the teacher by the pupil."

I think Fountain Central will come away will more champions, but Southmont will have more place 2-4 and those consolation bracket points are big in this tournament. Southmont will come away champions.

103- Bean - CV

112- Moore - SM

119- Toss up between SM, SV, NV

125- Barrett - SM in a close one.

130- Bolin -FC

135- Moore - FC

140- Lough - NM

145- Thomas - SV

152- Clough - FC

160- Mitchell - FC

171- Odle - NM or Williams NV also a close one.

189- Toss up. Paxton -R isn't a sure win.

215- Snider - NM

285- Wallace - SV

Coach W was my coach for 4 years of high school this guy worked are butts off in practice he made us want to  win.. all i am saying is  from when i was in the room to now seems like he has became a little softer on the kids.. yeah when i was in the room there wasnt a day that there wasnt a fight we couldnt wait to wrestler some other team to woop up on them we were getting tired of wooping each other day in day out... i never worked so hard in my life with any other coach than him the guy is one hell of a coach dont think i am saying he isnt, just seems a little softer now days..Coach is prolly one of the best coaches in the state he knows what his kids can do and he will drive you intell you cant go anymore heck we had kids pass out in practice cause we where working so hard.. Not to mention the guy is a animal can out work anyone i seen him do reps with one the the strongest kids in southmont history and looked at the kid and said that all you got boy...

You know the navy seals have "hell week" we had three weeks of "hell week" 1. week of county 2. week of conference. 3. week of sectionals three hardest weeks of practice in are whole season...They dont have the death deffing stair laps like we did anymore that crap sucked

I have known coach W for over 20 years.  His dad was my coach.  I doubt he is any softer on them now as he once was.  I have been coaching here at Mississinewa for 2 years now and I have noticed that you can't treat these kids the same way we were treated.  The kids nowadays don't want to work as hard.  I am making a broad assumption here but, overall the kids nowadays are the ones that are soft.  I would never say to my coach the things some of these kids say to me.  They whine and cry about being too hot, thirsty or just simply say they aren't going to do something.  Dan would have kicked our butts.  I guess it comes down to respect more than anything.  Respect for the coach, the sport and themselves.  This sport isn't easy, when these kids see how hard it is to be successful they want to take the easy way out.  I try to instill the work ethic that the Wellievers have instilled in me here at ole miss.  It's hard.  if you push too hard, they quit.  I hope that isn't the case because he has built a great program over the years.  Rhett was my baseball coach also.  I love that family and High School sports have been made better with them involved.  Good luck to all the Athenians!!  (South also!!  ;)

SOUTHMONT WINS BY A HALF A POINT AGAINST NORTHMONT.... GOOD JOB THE  GUYS LOOKED LIKE YOU HAD A LITTLE FIRE IN THERE BUTTS TODAY....

103- BEAM

112-MOORE FROM SOUTH

119-SOUTH KID

125-DAN BARRETT

130 JACK BOLIN

135-ELI MOORE

140- GRAHM LOUGH

THATS ALL I HAVE SO FAR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.