Super 32

indypin

I noticed some significant weight changes this week.  Jason Tsirtis and Devon Jackson both moved to 140.  Ethan Raley moved to 130.  At least 4 of our studs are spread out now and not in the same weight class.  Although we don't have alot of wrestlers competing, we certainly have alot of quality wrestlers competing.  I look for Tsirtis, Raley, and Roach to compete for the title out there.  Bratcher, Kieffer's, Petrov, and Campbell should have good showings as well.  Indiana certainly has a chance to bring home at least 2 or 3 Champions out there.  Any thoughts and any kids that I have left out that have a legitimate shot of placing in the top 8.

Hate to be a killjoy, but while they're all studs in Indiana I think we'll be doing well to bring home 1 title. I seriously hope they prove me wrong, but 2 or 3 seems a little hopeful unless Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Illinois aren't sending wrestlers.

Just for reference, last year Tsirtsis and Brandon Wright both finished second.  Wright lost by major decision... in a 4 minute match!  Also, in 2008 Sammy Bennett did not even place and he went on to finish 3rd in the state that year..  Cam Eppert also has placed, but was not in the finals. 

This is one of the toughest tournaments all year long in the whole country.  Tsirtsis and Roach are probably the best shots of bringing home a belt, but there are over 100 kids in each weight class so it will not be an easy task.  There are something like 20+ state champs in the weights were the Kieffers and Raley are, so again, bringing home a belt will take quite a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.