Congratulations to Al White of Mishawaka

cadet130

Congrats Al!  As a coach you are not supposed to have favorites, but I am guilty of it as most of us are.  Al is one of my all-time favorites.  He is the most unselfish kid I have ever coached.  He put the team above his own individual goals.

Some people may not be aware that was a state qualifier as a junior.  I absolutely believe he was a top 5 wrestler in the state this year.  Unfotunately, he got hurt around sectional time.  We sat him leading into the sectional and got him ready to go as best we could.  His back injury kept getting worse, though.  Al came to me before the individual regional and said he was thinking about sitting out to get ready for team state.  We talked about it and he got healthy enough to decide to have him wrestle.  He qualified for the semi-state, but was banged up pretty bad.  When we got back to the school - before we knew he drew into McMurray at semi-state - and he said felt he had to sit out of the individual tournament in order to be ready for Team State.  I again told him we should wait...see how he felt, etc.  He said even if he qualified for individual state it would result in him not being healthy for Team State...so he withdrew himself from the individual tournament to get ready for Team State.  What a great and unselfish kid!  We are going to miss his leadership greatly next year!

Snyder 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.