Is the economy and school funding issues impacting your program?

AJ

Just 2 weeks ago from today, a boy that grew up in our house 75% of his childhood was in a neighborhood he grew up in.  He attened one of the IPS school and begin to hang out with the wrong crowd. He was shot and killed for attempting to do something he knew he should not be doing.  The school cut back on most of the programs, so for the last 24 months he needed something else keep himself busy. Droped out of school and started living life of crime. The kid was a stud football player and a awesome wrestler.  So much upside to him, he just got mixed up with wrong crowd.  I just think down the road if you continue cutting back in ours schools more storys like this one will surface.

Just 2 weeks ago from today, a boy that grew up in our house 75% of his childhood was in a neighborhood he grew up in.  He attened one of the IPS school and begin to hang out with the wrong crowd. He was shot and killed for attempting to do something he knew he should not be doing.  The school cut back on most of the programs, so for the last 24 months he needed something else keep himself busy. Droped out of school and started living life of crime. The kid was a stud football player and a awesome wrestler.  So much upside to him, he just got mixed up with wrong crowd.   I just think down the road if you continue cutting back in ours schools more storys like this one will surface.

On this same note just yesturday, Dr. White cut 27 million dollars from IPS district( like they should loose more funds) and 8 liberaries are schedualed to close in the city. Education and wanting kids to succeed can not be there number one agenda. Why is there not more fundraising for the inner city time after time I see meetings to cut this or that, why not have a meeting on how to raise money. There are multiple things are so called leaders could come up with to HELP OUR  KIDS FUTURE.

I would like to here what some of our IPS coaches have to think about this, Its not long before wrestling and other sports are cut from these schools. I believe in helping the inner city kids, I have alway's tried to show alot of support this is really upsetting.

PS. Our prayers our with ms. Lucas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.