wrestlers that either got screwed or just call it bad luck

rey mysterio

i know of a few wrestlers that just pretty much got screwed this year or call it real bad luck.

i was told garretson of peru got real sick the night before semi state from food poisoning from the school.  He was up all night and all morning puking and diarrhea.  He didnt sleep at all.  He lost 7 pounds and i mean he has nothin to lose.  He weighed in at semi state at 98 pounds!!! When usually hes 104.  he managed to win his first one and almost pulled the second one off but just didnt have enough in him. he was probly 50% literally i was told.  he just didnt look like himself at all .  Its just a sad story also even worse his senior year.  He had the semi championship in the bag.  and watching how things went at state with the draw he woulda had he would have placed 4th or 3rd i believe. 

also aaron stevenson got injured not quite sure what happened but i know he woulda made a run for the title

cheney dale of mccutheon was injured he woulda made some noise

jacob tonte definately that sucks what happened to him. i believe this was his year to win state he was lookin good real good

i just feel for these kids who all worked really hard this year and was lookin to be a good year but stupid stuff happens and they get screwed most of them being seniors also.  i just say for them to keep their heads up and i wish good luck to them in whatever their future holds. 

"Getting Hosed" is a part of the sport I am afraid.  Winners are not always the ones who performed the best and the loser is not always the one out performed.  Often it's the end result of a bad call, a bad day, or, unfortunantly, bad feelings.

We all saw things happen this year that many will swear will scare the kids for life.  I am here to tell you these are positive learning expirences and not the horrible life altering events they are assumed to be.  All it takes if the proper guidence and mentoring for these young people to see the positive side of all this.

Just my 2 cents of course...

My son found some bad luck just prior to conference...Daniel Campbell of Harrison was ranked #9 at 215 when mono kicked his butt.  Now we just want him to be consistently healthy the rest of the year.  He could easily have been wrestling at Conseco rather than cheering on his teammates.  It was tough to watch him deal with the situation.  I feel for all the kids that end their seasons in an "alternative" manner!

With Stevenson being back next year it has to make you wonder if Mitch Sliga can capture the 189 title as a sophomore, Stevenson did get 3rd at 189 as a sophomore and was undefeated before his injury, but as a positive for Sliga, Stevenson will have to rehab that knee for sometime...

"Getting Hosed" is a part of the sport I am afraid.   Winners are not always the ones who performed the best and the loser is not always the one out performed.   Often it's the end result of a bad call, a bad day, or, unfortunantly, bad feelings.

We all saw things happen this year that many will swear will scare the kids for life.  I am here to tell you these are positive learning expirences and not the horrible life altering events they are assumed to be.  All it takes if the proper guidence and mentoring for these young people to see the positive side of all this.

Just my 2 cents of course...

i guess i could agree with this its true. pretty well said i just feel for the kids i know how hard they worked and wanted it

i guess i could agree with this its true. pretty well said i just feel for the kids i know how hard they worked and wanted it

Each year there are the same number of kids (basically) that have these feelings.  I know it doesn't change anything, but they sure feel the same way.  It is a larger fact of life than those who get to walk away with the ultimate prize. 

Getting "hosed" in this sport is par for the course.  How about inconsistencies in officials on take downs call in/out of the circle?  It pretty much stinks to see your wrestler take a kid down that is called out of the circle when you look at the mat next to him and see a take-down scored in much of the same position.  How about skin checks where official speak up after the wrestler was cleared?  How about injuries?  How about stopping a match  where one wrestler is at the advantage (152lb match at State this past weekend) to tell a coach to sit down?  Isn't that life?  This is part of wrestling and learning to deal with the bad luck or being hosed only prepares these young men/women to be better adults.  We all have stories that could fall into this catagory, and they all stink so I only hope that my theory of making these kids stronger is true.

i know of a few wrestlers that just pretty much got screwed this year or call it real bad luck.

i was told garretson of peru got real sick the night before semi state from food poisoning from the school.  He was up all night and all morning puking and diarrhea.  He didnt sleep at all.  He lost 7 pounds and i mean he has nothin to lose.  He weighed in at semi state at 98 pounds!!! When usually hes 104.  he managed to win his first one and almost pulled the second one off but just didnt have enough in him. he was probly 50% literally i was told.  he just didnt look like himself at all .  Its just a sad story also even worse his senior year.  He had the semi championship in the bag.  and watching how things went at state with the draw he woulda had he would have placed 4th or 3rd i believe. 

also aaron stevenson got injured not quite sure what happened but i know he woulda made a run for the title

cheney dale of mccutheon was injured he woulda made some noise

jacob tonte definately that sucks what happened to him. i believe this was his year to win state he was lookin good real good

i just feel for these kids who all worked really hard this year and was lookin to be a good year but stupid stuff happens and they get screwed most of them being seniors also.  i just say for them to keep their heads up and i wish good luck to them in whatever their future holds. 

Whether he was sick or not, he did not almost pull the second match off. Aside from an early takedown, it was not exactly close afterwards.

Whether he was sick or not, he did not almost pull the second match off. Aside from an early takedown, it was not exactly close afterwards.

for how sick he was i would say it was close. at one point in the third it was 5-5.  the kid weighed 98 pounds are you kiddin me he lost 7 pounds from friday night to saturday morning.  sure the kid beat him but if garretson was a 100% it woulda been a way different story.  he would have won the thing if so but i wont argue about this, gotta give the kid credit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.