Double arm bar (double chicken wing).

MCKAJC

The rule modification is on page 76 of the USA rule book, under rule modifications. Double arm bar or double chicken wing is ILLEGAL in all kids divisions.

Ref's need to be aware of this. Its had nothing to do with any of our matches, but I saw it not called today, and when I mentioned it to the coaches they replied that it was legal, and proceeded to attempt to quote the High School rules, we are not talking about HS rules, the move is legal in HS but not in kids divisions.

If the rule is there it should be observed.

The rule modification is on page 76 of the USA rule book, under rule modifications. Double arm bar or double chicken wing is ILLEGAL in all kids divisions.

Ref's need to be aware of this. Its had nothing to do with any of our matches, but I saw it not called today, and when I mentioned it to the coaches they replied that it was legal, and proceeded to attempt to quote the High School rules, we are not talking about HS rules, the move is legal in HS but not in kids divisions.

If the rule is there it should be observed.

You are partially correct. The double arm bar or double chicken wing is legal by application, however, in the kids' divisions (Schoolboy/girl and below) it is illegal to sit-out with this hold. But, you are completely correct that this needs to be communicated to the officials that work our ISWA events.  However, you must remember that the licensed IHSAA officials who work our local events do so at the request of the local tournament organizers and may not be aware of the modification. From a competition stand point this rule modification and the mouth guard requirement for the same age divisions by the ISWA (strongly encouraged but not required by USA Wrestling) are the only modifications that differ from the NFHS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.