Delta Sectional Updates?

Boot

I just heard (and I know Yorktown fans will disagree) that Armantrout should have beat Bevans. Bevans won 3-2, but during the match, when Armantrout was leadin 1-0, Armantrout threw Bevans in a headlock, to his back, near the out of bounds line and as the ref blew the whistle Bevans got on top and the ref gave Bevans 2 points and none for Armantrout. And the top 4 at 125 were:

1. Bevans(Y) 3-2 over

2. Armantrout(MS)

3. Sterling(DE) 7-0 over

4. Kohler(MuC)

@ 130 Jackson(Y) pinned Crabtree(MuC) in the finals

I was there and  it happened like that but it was a good day of wrestling, good luck to all wrestlers moving on.

AJ must be pretty happy right now.

Yes I was and still am!

It was a good match.  Anderson really slowed the pace down and controlled Isaiah's head and kept him grounded.  Isaiah got a takdown and 2 back points within the final 40 seconds to pull away and win the match.  Great match and I do believe there will be a rematch in next weeks regional finals!

Just to clear a few things at 125: the score was 1-1 with about 45 seconds, & yes Armantrout headlocked Bevins near the out of bounds line, the score could have gone either way but Armantrout elected to quit wrestling, thinking that they were clearly out of bounds.  Bevans did the right thing, continued to wrestle, & scored the points.  This was a well faught mach but the win went to the wrestler that wrestled on the edge. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.