olympic conference - what's the future for the three remaining teams?

raven150

with the consolidation of anderson and anderson highland the oac goes from the state's smallest conference to a who knows what!  and there's been talk of muncie south and muncie central merging.  although none of the three remaining teams will challenge for team honors during the state series each has some quality individuals.  

many "what ifs" are being circulated.  NORTHEAST HOOSIER ? Bellmont, Carroll (Fort Wayne), Columbia City, DeKalb, East Noble, Homestead, New Haven, Norwell has been mentioned but dekalb and east noble probably would dread the drive to connersville.  WHITE RIVER ? Eastern Hancock, Knightstown, Lapel, Shenandoah is a four team group but size might be a factor (no pun intended).  CENTRAL INDIANA ? Alexandria, Blackford, Eastbrook, Elwood, Frankton, Madison-Grant, Mississinewa, Oak Hill and HOOSIER HERITAGE ? Delta, Greenfield-Central, Mt. Vernon (Fortville), New Palestine, Pendleton Heights, Rushville, Shelbyville, Yorktown are nice options.  NORTH CENTRAL ? Anderson, Huntington North, Kokomo, Logansport, Marion, Muncie Central, New Castle, Richmond is by far the best option based on current team schedules.  the oac and ncc compete on a regular basis is all boys and girls sports.  also, distance of travel shouldn't panic the athletic directors too much in the age of budget crunches.

it may be this spring or summer but connersville, jay county, and muncie southside will have major restructering within their respective athletic programs.  hopefully the future will be kind to these schools.

I think that Connersville would make a nice addition to the EIAC, currently: Batesville, East Central, Franklin County, Greensburg, Lawrenceburg, and South Dearborn.  The farthest school is South Dearborn (or possibly, and we compete with Connersville in nearly every sport already.  I think they may have petitioned the EIAC about joining, but I am not certain why they were turned down. 

The other two schools would not work for this conference, but I am not sure you will find a conference that would be willing to absorb these three schools into their scheduling at one time.  I believe that gymnastics is the only sport that Connersville has that is not held as a conference sport for the EIAC.  I know that Connersville already plays three EIAC schools in football, which would probably be the most difficult sport to work out in scheduling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.