Any news on Mater Dei?

twinwrestlersmom

usually some of the fine MD folks will post results I am a Avon fan my boy only in middle school but know most of the kids on team from club over the years. not much love in the predictions for our boys up this way I know we have a few who can make some noise and Hasseman always has a couple of outstanding kids, good luck to all tommorrow.

I was there, I will post what I know

MD 5-0 (beat Father Ryan, Franklin, Forest Park, PM, and HH)

Reitz 4-1 (Lost to Father Ryan)

PM 3-2 (Lost to Reitz and MD)

Father Ryan 4-1 (Lost to MD)

North 0-5

Memorial ??

HH ??

Castle ??

Franklin lost to MD & Reitz

Forest Park 1-4 Only beat North

Md look good all day, never threatened

Reitz shocked PM in the first round and then lost to Father Ryan 36-36 on criteria

PM looked flat against MD and Reitz

HH wrestled well on day

I personally wasn't there but understood Reitz substituted a few second stringers into the lineup during the Father Ryan match. I am guessing to get some mat time to all that attended. I don't know if would of been a difference but do know from what was told Reitz looked very good all day. Sounded like a good day of wrestling. Maybe some one can give more info.

the following is only my view of the meet.

Against MD they started at 152, they lost at 152 and then there 160 got pinned.  the 103 and 130 looked shell shock on the mat.....no aggressiveness.  Many times the PM coaches were upset with there wrestlers lack of shots and aggressiveness.  I saw twice the coach throw his rolled up paper in the air in frustration because their wrestlers did not perform like they should.

Ask the coach and wrestlers and they will say they did not wrestle their best and was flat.

Just my thoughts

Against MD they started at 152, they lost at 152 and then there 160 got pinned.   the 103 and 130 looked shell shock on the mat.....no aggressiveness.  Many times the PM coaches were upset with there wrestlers lack of shots and aggressiveness.  I saw twice the coach throw his rolled up paper in the air in frustration because their wrestlers did not perform like they should.

Ask the coach and wrestlers and they will say they did not wrestle their best and was flat.

Just my thoughts

WOW!! Not good. Thanks for the info

Against MD they started at 152, they lost at 152 and then there 160 got pinned.   the 103 and 130 looked shell shock on the mat.....no aggressiveness.  Many times the PM coaches were upset with there wrestlers lack of shots and aggressiveness.  I saw twice the coach throw his rolled up paper in the air in frustration because their wrestlers did not perform like they should.

Just my thoughts

I was THERE and couldn't agree more......

First Problem was they got lost in LOUISVILLE bad directions and they did come in flat almost an hour late.  Second they had a kid  miss weight and forfeited at 112 all day. 

Several other wrestlers were not there I don't know why.  Parnell and Ash, don't know if they are going to North Montgomery.   

I was THERE and couldn't agree more......

First Problem was they got lost in LOUISVILLE bad directions and they did come in flat almost an hour late.   Second they had a kid  miss weight and forfeited at 112 all day. 

Several other wrestlers were not there I don't know why.   Parnell and Ash, don't know if they are going to North Montgomery.   

How do you show up flat for your 3rd round of the day?  Against who you think are your rivals?  PM has no excuse for loosing.  152  started out not wanting to finish the match, too young and not experienced.  What can you say about a pin at 160.  No excuse for 215.  Can't believe he is a former varsity wrestler, did not look like he would wrestle JV for most schools.

How do you show up flat for your 3rd round of the day?  Against who you think are your rivals?  PM has no excuse for loosing.  152  started out not wanting to finish the match, too young and not experienced.   What can you say about a pin at 160.  No excuse for 215.  Can't believe he is a former varsity wrestler, did not look like he would wrestle JV for most schools.

There were NO excuses being made.  Just stating facts.  PM was not the better team yesterday.    They did get lost in LOUISVILLE they did have a wrestler not make weight.  THEY were FLAT.    152 did lose and 160 got pinned I don't think that ANYONE was slamming any of your kids.    They are young the 103 is only in his 2 or 3 year of wrestling.  Not sure who was at 130 for MD match.

Who is making excuses for 215?  I am fairly certain that MD 215 went undefeated yesterday.  So 4 other kids lost to him also.  Wasn't that a 7-6 match at 215?    I don't think  PM 215 GAVE UP and wrestled to the end.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.