Cody Phillips

killer b 2003

calling out of bound is a judgement call in that refs eyes and the philip fans they were out of bounds before hall solidified the takedown but to the hall fans it was a clear takedown. Everyone sees things different besides there was 30 seconds left like you said I have a hard time believing anyone can hold philips down for 30 seconds without stalling, but he might have but know one knows you can't say he didn't deserve to be state champ based on what could have been a bad call. He did man handle Kief in the finals who did place high than hall in the same semistate and I think Kief beat him. Philips is a winner and isn't too familiar with defeat and to say he only won state because of a judgement call that could have gone either way is shallow. Like I said who knows what would have happen if Hall was given the takedown. I call it bold saying that Hall would have take him down in overtime. I don't gamble but I'm sure after the finals most of this board would bet against you. Hall had a good match and it sucks he had that draw. With a better draw he could have placed and maybe placed high and I hope he does get over the hump this year. It may be biased but I think I've watched around 20 of his matches last year and I have a hard time believing that he wouldn't have gotten an escape in 30 seconds and even if he didn't I have a hardertime believing that he would have gave up a takedown in OT then again I hold bias based on the fact that he didn't loose a match all year and still hasn't lost a match in high school.

I am Dylan Hall's dad, I think it was a very good match both kids wrestled very good!! Yes, I wish Nut would have been awarded the takedown but, it did not come out that way!! It was a very tough match between the two!! Cody is a very good wrestler and I wish him good luck this season!!! I also hope the both make it to state, I don't know if the will wrestle again but, if they do I believe it would be another good match!!! Like I said I hope they both make it there because there are plenty of other good wrestlers that would love to knock them both out, and every kid has that chance!!!

Good luck to both this season!!!!!!!!!!

I am Dylan Hall's dad, I think it was a very good match both kids wrestled very good!! Yes, I wish Nut would have been awarded the takedown but, it did not come out that way!! It was a very tough match between the two!! Cody is a very good wrestler and I wish him good luck this season!!! I also hope the both make it to state, I don't know if the will wrestle again but, if they do I believe it would be another good match!!! Like I said I hope they both make it there because there are plenty of other good wrestlers that would love to knock them both out, and every kid has that chance!!!

Good luck to both this season!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!

great post nutsdad

it was a hard fought match by both wrestlers and for anyone to say someone doesn't deserve to be a state champ is just crazy.

Both guys got there by hard work and Phillips won

Hall gave him a great match

MAYBE he should have got the 2,

MAYBE he would have held Cody down for thirty seconds,

and MAYBE he would have won state,

point is Cody won and thats the past, why bag on the kid for winning state?

Good luck to not only Phillips and Hall, but everyone around the state

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.