103, 112 only

totto

There's no difference in dropping from 130 to 119 and 119 to 103.  You still have to be disciplined at proper weight management to stay at the 7% body fat requirement. 

This guy has got it right! Unfortunately some of these kids are being encouraged to go below this line, which is unsafe for most high school kids. What I am saying is get to 7 % to find your optimum wrestling weight and let the chips fall were they may. Move away from programs  that cheat at this if your kid is small. It is a no win situation for you. Team chemistry ??? I think not. It is about what is right or wrong for your kid.

I think college scouts are interested in academics first.

I agree that the colleges look at academics first.  The colleges that were recruiting my son told him they wanted him to wrestle 119 his senior year.  Unfortunately that didn't happen.  His coaches had him wrestle 112 for the team. 

I agree that the colleges look at academics first.  The colleges that were recruiting my son told him they wanted him to wrestle 119 his senior year.  Unfortunately that didn't happen.  His coaches had him wrestle 112 for the team. 

Good grades is a given whether you're an athlete or not.  Thanks for info.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.