Indianapolis Area Tournaments/Duels 2009/2010

Indyfan

I'll make this short and sweet:

I'm originally from the Northern part of the state and have been to many Al Smith classics. Are there any tournaments around the Indy area that are close to the Al Smith in regards to talent/size? I know the Al Smith is one of the best tournaments in the state but there have to be some others around Indy that are close. Also, are there any duel meets coming up this year that I should check out?  I attended the Cathedral vs Perry Meridian duel last year and I'm looking for similar duels.

As you can probably already tell, I'm a casual fan.

Also, please don't say, "the state finals." I'm well aware the finals are in Indy.

Thanks.

Not to many tournaments in the state can even rival Al Smith in terms of size and talent level, so narrowing it down to just Indy isn't going to help in the search much.

It's not exactly the grandness of Al Smith, but Capital City Classic is one of the tougher early tournaments of the season on the first weekend.  Several tough teams and individuals.  It is held in Beech Grove this year but alternates with Perry each season.

Again not as big or as difficult as Al Smith but Moorsville has a decent holdiday tournament as far as competition goes.

With some Indy area teams starting to build decent programs I would venture to say a few Indy tournaments would have a few deep brackets depending on what year you attend one of the events.

It's not  in Indy, but the NorthMont Holiday Duals is a two day dual-format tourney that presents some great match-ups of some of the greater Indy area teams.  Last year's teams were NorthMont, Portage, Lawrence North, Delphi, Carmel, Warren Central,  New Pal and Perry Meridian. It is held at North Montgomery High School, Crawfordsville, about 45 minutes northwest of Indy.  While it is held in the fieldhouse and seating can get a little crowded, it is worth going to because Coach JD Minch and his crew put on a really well run tourney.  Looks like this year it will be Wed. and Thurs., Dec. 30-31st.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.