state predictions

mid-indiana

Christian Lentz will win it at 215

Lentz is a good wrestler but I'd have to predict Darryn Scott to win 215. Lentz beat Green from Kokomo in a close 3-1 decision in the state quarterfinals and Scott majored Green 12-3 (which is why Green bumped up to 215).  I'd take Scott, Cleveland, and Lentz to finish top 3 in any order.

Actually, no....Green didn't face Scott last year. Green started wrestling 215 in December for the Western Super 6. Kokomo didn't even see Marion until the Peru invitational in January...I won't argue about Lentz or Cleveland, but Scott & Green tend to give each other fits on the mat (at least the last time they met). Either could be a wildcard... it just depends on the luck of the draw...

Christian Lentz will win it at 215

Lentz is a good wrestler but I'd have to predict Darryn Scott to win 215. Lentz beat Green from Kokomo in a close 3-1 decision in the state quarterfinals and Scott majored Green 12-3 (which is why Green bumped up to 215).  I'd take Scott, Cleveland, and Lentz to finish top 3 in any order.

Actually, no....Green didn't face Scott last year. Green started wrestling 215 in December for the Western Super 6. Kokomo didn't even see Marion until the Peru invitational in January...I won't argue about Lentz or Cleveland, but Scott & Green tend to give each other fits on the mat (at least the last time they met). Either could be a wildcard... it just depends on the luck of the draw...

No, Green was 189 (weighed 190.6 according to the weigh-in sheet) at Peru in January and Scott beat him. I took the score for that match, don't remember the score but do know Scott won by a major. That was Green's first loss of the season, then he went 215 the next weekend for the rest of the year. I work with the mother of Oak Hill's 189 pounder and she confirmed that Green wrestled her son at 189 that day. Whether Green went 215 at a couple of tournaments in December I do not know, but he was 189 all day at Peru.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?e=4433828&g=03&s=25

Here is a link of photos of Scott/Green wrestling last year at Peru.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.