NHSCA High School Nationals Recap

I would like to congratulate the following wrestlers for achieving All-American status.

Freshman (14th place)

Kirk Johnson 5th @ 135

Andre Richards 6th @ 189

Jordan Naughton 2nd @215

Sophomore (22nd place)

Eric Roach 4th @ 135

John Sims 5th @152

Junior (5th place)

Brandon Nelson 6th @112

Brandon Wright 4th  @125

Frankie Porras 5th @ 130

Ryan Stahl 8th @140

Sean McMurry 2nd @ 152

Sammy Bennett 5th @ 152

Michael Duckworth 5th @ 171

Senior (19th place)

Cashe Quiroga 2nd @125

D?Marcus Spencer 7th @ 130

I know these wrestler didn?t achieve their goal of being a national champion, but the represented our state with class!!  There were many other Indiana wrestlers who competed at the tournament and feel short of their goals, but they also represented our state with class!! 

This was one of the first national tournaments of the off-season to show the nation that Indiana is competitive at this level.  Thank you to all the coaches and parents for taking time out of your lives to give these wrestlers a chance to represent our State at the toughest folkstyle tournament in the nation!!!

To each wrestler who competed, thank you for representing our state and showing the nation that we are a state that will compete with the best in the nation!!!!!

Next tournament is the Brute Scholastic Duals, where we finished second last year.  I am excited for the 2009 team to carry on this momentum!!! 

Coach Weimer

Coach Weimer thanks for putting this list together.  Congrats to all the AA's from Indiana.  On top of this list Indiana had 14 AA's between the Cadet and Jr age group at the USA Folkstyle Nationals. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.