Match of the Day; IN vs. IL

Some 1

My nod for match of the day goes to Sandefur!!  He got a takedown and was then taken down and turned.  I thought he was in trouble, but it just seemed to P*** him off!!!  He then proceeded to pin his kid from illinois!!

Another great match was McGinley!!!

He was losing in the third period and then put the kid to his back with a cradle!!

Have we seen this scenario before?

Good day of wrestling.

Good to see Indiana on top!

How about when Mascaro dropped that 4x placer & 2x state champ on his head?! I did not expect a major from Mascaro, congrats!!

AA's

Cashe looked dominant, getting the TF as time expired

Chalfant's loss- Technique finally beat strength

Grimes had a great 3-near finish to seal the match

A lot of cradles from IN boys (specifically the zig-zag cradle....head clamped like a near-side but catching the far leg)

Sandefer caught a nice break....losing the whole match and finds a stick, but good thing he is as strong as he is

Wicked headlock from Mosier, set it up perfectly

Tough loss for Shrew at 189

A's

Nice battle by Johns to win a score fect 15-10

Egolf -that "draw" is not fair at all, sorry bud

CP kid looked solid in both matches

Nice finish by Graber, another 3-near to seal it

Allen gave up the first T2, and then roared back to win 11-5

Great day of wrestling, congrats IN boys!

Did I read this correctly?  Indiana beat Illinois?  I thought it was impossible for a state with a single class format to compete with a state with multiple classes.  How can this be? ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.