Jake Wimsett of Rockville 285lb

hezzaballer

I would like to wish Jake good luck this weekend!!  Watching his reaction after winning his first match this weekend at New Castle was refreshing.  I hope the lady he hugged (tackled) is alright!!!  Without knowing anything about this young man he seems to be what this tournament is all about. An underdog that, although down, continues to compete. His energy and excitment was fun to watch from the stands. I hope he and his family enjoy this week and this weekend. Congrats to Jake and the Rockville team. Good Luck to everyone this weekend. I pray for the safety of all involved and hope all compete to thier best ability!!!!!

Excellent post hezzaballer. 

You hit the nail on the head when you said underdog.

I try to follow all the wrestlers from W. central Indiana and I thought I had at regionals.  I was watching the S and N. Vermillion and Fountain Central Kids.  As well as the Crawfordsville, South and NorthMont wrestlers.

When I saw the results from semi state I couldn't believe it. 

Rockville is on my mailing address.

And I did not see him compete one time.

It is definately my loss.

However, I will make it a point to cheer for him on Friday Night.

Watching the Rockville Rockstar make it to the big show helps remind you anything is possible. I wish him luck on friday. A reminder to all of you who are locks on Friday night, kids with 15 losses can beat those with only 1 so take no one lightly or you could be watching Saturday from the rail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.