New Castle Semi-State

xam148

Would it be possible to move this to Worthern Arena at Ball State? There would be more room for mats and the stands would not be as close but im not sure if Ball State wouldn't charge an arm and a leg to use there venue.

Why in the world would we want that?

I remember the last time the ISWA held Freestyle State at BS and it wasn't nearly as accommodating.  They were very restrictive on where you could move around in the building, and you couldn't watch a match unless you were seated as there were no sight lines once you left the bleachers.

New Castle's facility allows for freedom of movement, more than ample parking, and great sight lines from almost anywhere in the Fieldhouse.  (If the BBall goals were removeable, then it would be perfect!)

Why in the world would we want that?

I remember the last time the ISWA held Freestyle State at BS and it wasn't nearly as accommodating.  They were very restrictive on where you could move around in the building, and you couldn't watch a match unless you were seated as there were no sight lines once you left the bleachers.

New Castle's facility allows for freedom of movement, more than ample parking, and great sight lines from almost anywhere in the Fieldhouse.  (If the BBall goals were removeable, then it would be perfect!)

Sounds like BS was well aware how wrestlers listen and had people keeping people out of places they didn't need to be. Too bad Mishawaka can't find a few of these individuals for the Al Smith Classic, Im kind of tired of hearing the announcement for people not wrestling to not be on lower level.

I feel that New Castle offers a very good site for the semi-state.  The wrestlers and coaches are able to move about down on the floor as needed to get around, yet the fans always seem respectful in not doing this.  I think the bowl type atmosphere is better for watching wrestling than a tiered gym where some sight lines are more likely to be obstructed as well.

Also, moving the site to Ball State would just make it even further for some teams to travel.  I know that some Indy area schools already have to travel all the way to Evansville which is quite a trip as well, especially with no interstate.  However, moving the NC semi-state even further north makes it seem like there are three sites in the north and one in the south.  I know that some people feel that all the best wrestling takes place north of Indy, but have a little sympathy on those from the southern half of the state  :).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.