Bevans vs. Faurote

103 state champ

Also take into account that Belmont was wrestling with a lead....all of their guys wrestled not to give up the bonus points.  Smart wrestling and it paid off.  Several Belmont wrestlers were not the better wrestler, but managed to just keep from getting scored on by not doing much at all.  I think in an individual tournament that score is different.  Faurote will actually wrestle, not just keep from getting turned to avoid the major.  He will have to wrestle to win.  Not putting anyone down at all...it's just the situation plays a big role in how they wrestle.  Several of the Yorktown Belmont matches will be different.  112 Jackson probably gets a fall, Beavans wins bigger, Dulany will have more opportunity to score, Mosier has a better chance of getting the pin (still can't believe no stalling call was made) and several others.  I was cheering on New Haven, but got to watch a few of these matches after we were done.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Can't use the excuse of being in school.

Have you never wrestled on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night?

Don't make excuses.  I think Bellmont was up, their wrestlers were more fired up than Yorktowns.  But to play the excuse that he was in school is lame.

Also take into account that Belmont was wrestling with a lead....all of their guys wrestled not to give up the bonus points.  Smart wrestling and it paid off.  Several Belmont wrestlers were not the better wrestler, but managed to just keep from getting scored on by not doing much at all.  I think in an individual tournament that score is different.  Faurote will actually wrestle, not just keep from getting turned to avoid the major.  He will have to wrestle to win.  Not putting anyone down at all...it's just the situation plays a big role in how they wrestle.  Several of the Yorktown Belmont matches will be different.  112 Jackson probably gets a fall, Beavans wins bigger, Dulany will have more opportunity to score, Mosier has a better chance of getting the pin (still can't believe no stalling call was made) and several others.  I was cheering on New Haven, but got to watch a few of these matches after we were done.

From the stallings that were called I would say that Yorktown was doing more stalling!

I totally agree Bellmont was much more aggresive than Yorktown.  They really went after Yorktown on their feet.  But on bottom was another story.  Once taken down Bellmont just laid there.  I am just countering former130.  I disagree with him.  But their strategy worked.  Don't give up points, don't get turned and don't get pinned.  May be considered stalling, but was not called, so it goes.  If Yorktown used the same strategy, they could have won.

Yorktown did get called allot for stalling, but I didn't think they where any worse then the other on their feet.  The one match with Sheets got called for stalling several times.  Once it was after taking a shot...then got a stalling for two and a fleeing the mat all in one swoop to give the major to Sheets.  I thought the ref should have given one or the other.  Sheets was the better wrestler by far, but then in later matches when the tables were turned Belmont didn't get called at all.  Allot of good wrestling though...these matches will all look different on Saturday without the team element.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.