Question about Names

NCGRAD2000

112 at Calumet Rodriguez. I cant imagine that two wrestlers with the same last name have not met. I dont know it to be true, but it would not suprise me to find out that it has happened in the state finals. I am just guessing, but Rodriguez, or Jones, or Smith would be a better candidate then say Ulrey, or Churchard.

NCGRAD00,

Just based on the database from the state finals, I would say yes.

There are so  many last name matches and a few last name/first name matches that the odds are in your favor of a name match at all levels.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

112 at Calumet Rodriguez. I cant imagine that two wrestlers with the same last name have not met. I dont know it to be true, but it would not suprise me to find out that it has happened in the state finals. I am just guessing, but Rodriguez, or Jones, or Smith would be a better candidate then say Ulrey, or Churchard.

That is a correct but there is also another one.  This name is less common.  Can you find it?

OK, I will give you two easy ones to research:

Two Indiana wrestlers with the same first/Last Names that made it to the state finals:

1. "Steel Drivin' man"?

2. Two Ind. State Champs with same name as two time Olympic Champ/Six time World Champ?

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Tyler Clark of South Dearborn was a state qualifier last year at 119 lbs.

Tyler Clark of New Haven was a semi-state qualifer last year at 119 lbs.

I was hoping they would both make it to Conseco for the possibility of a matchup as a bit of novelty.  Unfortunately, that did not occur.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.