Westfield's R.V. Peter wants to return to the state meetWrestler is off to a goo

By Steve Brooks / Star Ccorrespondent

Posted: January 1, 2009Post a CommentRecommend E-mail Print Share  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Yahoo  Google A        A Westfield High School wrestler R.V. Peter got a firsthand look at upper-echelon wrestling in Indiana last year during the second round of the state meet.

Eventual three-time state champ Andrew Howe of Hanover Central pinned Peter in 96 seconds, and Peter wound up eighth at 160 pounds.

"I try to learn from that and replay that and other matches to find things I could have done differently or improve on," Peter said. "I look forward to matches like that. You want to challenge yourself. I would say 'yes' any day of the week if I got another chance to wrestle Andrew Howe, no matter how I'd do. Any chance you get to challenge yourself like that you should take."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090101/LOCAL0103/901010333/1169/SPORTS0212

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.