Iran wrestling news

3 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

This is the wrestling teams according to the official website of the Asian Games. I'm not sure how true it is because I've heard about both Goleij and Ghasempour for 97 but rest of it including greco team looks accurate to me.

https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/en/results/all-sports/athletes.htm

FS:

57: Ebrahim Khari

65: Rahman Amouzad

74: Younes Emami 

86: Hassan Yazdani

97: Amirali Azarpira

125: Amirhossein Zare

GR:

60: Meysam Dalkhani

67: MR Geraei

77: Amin Kaviyani

87: Naser Alizadeh

97: Hadi Saravi

130: Amin Mirzazadeh

Pretty solid team. 

11 minutes ago, kkiane said:

What happened?

first, that was a typo... should have been pinches...

but got the 4 plex on and watching all matches which means i am watching none of them...

just looked over and saw him tossing fool like a sack of potatoes...

just was amusing to me...

my guy Mohammadi has Tibilov next...

that will be a good early test...

the older boy got hulk smashed by Tibilov at Thor Masters this spring then trained with him at the camp after... said he had never been messed up like that in just sparring... 

levels...

Just now, LJB said:

my guy Mohammadi has Tibilov next...

that will be a good early test...

the older boy got hulk smashed by Tibilov at Thor Masters this spring then trained with him at the camp after... said he had never been messed up like that in just sparring... 

levels...

He will be a good test considering his height

IMG_7476.jpeg

5 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

I remember back in the old forum arguing how Mirzazadeh is the no1 pick over Yousefi, was getting all kinds of back chat and sarcastic replies.....time reveals all though.

Yousefi won us World Gold two years ago, I was his number 1 fan back then. But since then Mirzazadeh has improved a lot while Yousefi seems to have got worse and far less consistent. As long as one of them can win Gold, I am happy

5 minutes ago, kkiane said:

The Uzbek is Asian champion, he is very good, ranked 11th in the world and has beaten the Georgian Khetsuriani

Yes he’s good. Do you know if he’s the same Uzbek Sohrabi beat?  If uww site wasn’t unusable on my phone I’d look it up.

If Geraei is on form he medals for sure and the only question is the colour of his medal

He has quite an easy half of the bracket and theoretically should make the final. People seem high on Jafarov even though I remember Geraei throwing him around for fun a few years ago

Just now, The Genius said:

If Geraei is on form he medals for sure and the only question is the colour of his medal

He has quite an easy half of the bracket and theoretically should make the final. People seem high on Jafarov even though I remember Geraei throwing him around for fun a few years ago

I’m fairness to Jagarov he did just come from juniors that same year. Think he’s improved since then but hoping for the same result.

4 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Yes he’s good. Do you know if he’s the same Uzbek Sohrabi beat?  If uww site wasn’t unusable on my phone I’d look it up.

The UWW app on the phone is tough…

have to swivel phone after struggling to find athlete search…