North Montgomery Holiday tournament

jDub

I really liked the way the North Montgomery tournament was designed.

First day was dual format with all 12 teams separated into 3 pools then wrestling into final placing pools.

Day 2 was converted into individual style tourney with seeding based on the previous day's results combined with other seeding criteria.

Pretty cool hybrid way of doing it. I suppose it's not a new thing but I've never been to one like that. Kept it really interesting over the two days.

Many great matches, ranked and unranked.

Good job to Bloomington South for the win.

Wasn't there for the entire tourney, what are some of the matches that stood out?

Can't say enough good things about the event at North Montgomery. The athletic administration was extremely helpful and open to suggestions to make the event better. Mo Swain and his Charger Wrestling parents put together a great effort and the event went very smoothly. Lots of good wrestling.

First day results (dual meets based on pool results)

1) Bloomington South (defeats NM 39-29 and PH 32-30)

2) Pendleton Heights (defeats NM 35-34)

3) North Montgomery

Second day results (individual tournament--unofficial)

1) Bloomington South

2) North Montgomery

3) Pendleton Heights

Dave Cloud

Can't say enough good things about the event at North Montgomery. The athletic administration was extremely helpful and open to suggestions to make the event better. Mo Swain and his Charger Wrestling parents put together a great effort and the event went very smoothly. Lots of good wrestling.

First day results (dual meets based on pool results)

1) Bloomington South (defeats NM 39-29 and PH 32-30)

2) Pendleton Heights (defeats NM 35-34)

3) North Montgomery

Second day results (individual tournament--unofficial)

1) Bloomington South

2) North Montgomery

3) Pendleton Heights

Dave Cloud

The format for the tourney was great and I think the kids loved it.  We have been there 4 year in a row now and the kids could not stop talking about how much fun it was this year to have the individual tourney the second day (plus the 1 pound allowance!).  Nice job North Montgomery for a great 2 days!!

Thanks to all the participating teams for taking a chance on our new format. Our tournament director, parents, Pendleton Heights (allowing us to use their score clocks), and our administration, and wrestlers did a great job running the tournament. We have a couple tweeks to make which will hopefully make the tournament even better. Maybe even looking to add four more teams next year and beefing up the awards as well. Excited for next year's tourney!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.