Purdue/IU Coaches

Copied from another forum.  Interesting how the IU people on here are question Purdue's hire saying it may fit there budget.  Yet IU has 20 plus years of below average results and everyone is ok with it.  If I am the Administration, I would say preform and we will build you a wrestling room.  Was is just not three years ago Duane was preaching about the new all sports weightroom

Here is the story as I see it, factual or not, here it is. Indiana University sports, aka Fred Glass has announced that the university has made a commitment to the wrestling program, The new building will be built next year on campus on the corner of Fee Ln. and east 17th street. It will be a state of the art facility for the team, and any recruits that take a visit. The stipulation here is that  Duane needs to back up the whine of "we are at a disadvantage facility wise here in the Big 10" and start to produce results or put in his resignation. Now no doubt, Dwayne is correct now about I.U.'s wrestling building. But what about 20 years ago when all the Big had the left over space in the arena to practice and condition. That wasn't a legit excuse.

So I wish coach well in his next year at Indiana. Hope the building propels him into the top half of the conference. If not there will be another coaches job opening in the conference.

Report to moderator    Logged

herbp

World Champ

Re: Dwayne has 9 lives

« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:53:35 pm »

I bet my left nut IU doesn't win a B1G match again this year.I also wager Goldman will face NO repercussions after another dismal season.

You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

N.Gaimann

fuhr

LXP

Global Moderator

Get a Job

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:29:21 pm »

Quote from: herbp on Today at 08:53:35 pm

I bet my left nut IU doesn't win a B1G match again this year.I also wager Goldman will face NO repercussions after another dismal season.

Would I have to wager my left nut vs. yours or could it be something else?  Also if you lost would you remove said nut yourself and place it in a jar or would that be up to me?  I have little interest in the latter but a left nut in a jar trophy would be a hell of a conversation piece.

Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

SingletSlinger

State Champ

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:55:19 pm »

Soooo you like nuts?

Brew

LXP

I Need More Hobbies

« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:56:05 pm »

what does the IU lineup look like....do they project better as a team with Sheridan at 197 and if so will Duane actually bench his son for the good of the program?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

fuhr

LXP

Global Moderator

Get a Job

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:56:36 pm »

Quote from: SingletSlinger on Today at 09:55:19 pm

Soooo you like nuts?

OUtside of my own, no not really.

Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

NOTIFY

MARK UNREAD

SEND THIS TOPIC

PRINT

Pages: [1]

« previous next »