IHSWCA - Transition of Officers - Status of Organization

I want to thank all of those people who have worked so diligently on behalf of the IHSWCA during my past four years as an officer.  I thoroughly enjoyed working with Cale Hoover (IHSWCA president 2009-2011) who implemented some strong policies and practices which strengthened our association. 

I would also like to thank JD Minch for his endearing loyalty to the association.  Without his devotion and efforts over the past two decades, we may well not even have an association today. 

The other board members have done an outstanding job of working within their committees in implementing our various programs and services. 

I would like to thank Danny Struck for all of his dedication to Indiana wrestling.  It has been a pleasure working with him during the past two years.  You will be hard pressed to attend any tournament, clinic or state meeting without seeing Coach Struck in attendance.  He works tirelessly, not only for Jeffersonville Wrestling, but for Indiana wrestling as a whole.  Coach Struck will do a fine job as the next president of our association.  He will officially take over as president next Friday at the spring clinic.

I would like to note some of the new programs, personnel and policies that our Board of Directors have put in place over the past couple of years.  It has not been easy, but the journey has been worthwhile and gratifying.  Again, I would like to thank the Board of Directors for all that they have done in pulling off the following items.

1. Made our association's framework official with renaming to "IHSWCA Board of Directors" with official

committee structure and committee chairmen.

2. Implementation of an Executive Director's position for the association (thank you JD)

3. UNITE e-magazine (thank you Coach Riesen)

4. Pulled off inaugural (and hopefully many more) IHSWCA Classed Team State Duals event

5. Addition of more monthly meetings for improved business productivity for the association.

6. Addition of "Coaches' Mentoring" committee on the board.  (thank you Coach Livingston)

7. Healthy checking account with roughly $15,000 in the bank

I would also like to thank Scott Schwarz for doing an amazing job with our Hall of Fame and HoF banquet.  This is not an easy undertaking, and he handles it so professionally.

A big thank you also goes out to the Louis Rosbottom, and the ISWA, for partnering with the IHSWCA on various projects.  Sharon, Trina and the ISWA board of directors are a phenomenal group of people.

Areas that I was unable to conquer, and I feel still need addressed:

A. I was unable to secure any sort of a Hall of Fame museum for Indiana wrestling.  There have been some

neat ideas in this area such as a "virtual" Hall of Fame online; a Hall of Fame booth at a large

sporting venue such as Bankers Life; or coupling a wrestling hall of fame with an already existing

hall of fame such as the basketball hall of fame in New Castle.  This is still an area that I would like

to see come to fruition someday for Indiana wrestling.

B. Despite valiant attempts by our regional representatives, we have still struggled to boost membership.

I am hoping that the addition of an Executive Director will add some stability to our ranks and

possibly aide in growing our membership.

C. I would have liked to have worked on getting wrestling reinstated in some of our Indiana colleges and

universities.  This is a large task that would require a fair amount of work to be done in a top notch

and professional manner in order to have any hope of being successful.  This would be a neat area

to tackle.

Best Wishes,

Trent McCormick

IHSWCA President (2011-13)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.