Middle School HWT

treefiddy

This is my first year coaching middle school wrestling and I was wondering if someone could fill me in on what the limit is? Ive coached High School and know it is 285. For middle school I have heard it is 275, 280, and 285. I have two heavy weights that are over weight and I need to know what weight I need them to get to. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

The ISWA Middle School State weight class is 275.  However, since there is no set MS weight classes each region of IN seems to have their own trends with weight class arrangements.  As such your question may receive a better answer by asking other coaches in your area and/or the coaches of the teams on your schedule.  A week ago I just made a plea to the IHSWCA board to begin discussion on creating a standard set of MS weight classes to suggest to MS teams.  This is a direct result of having to regularly deal with situations like yours as our team competes against different schools.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.