Is Westfield HS Ready?

MDinIraq

Since Westfield HS is the host for the upcoming new State Dual, are they ready?  I have not been there, but I hear it is a wonderful and big facality. I know that the MD will bring many Fans. With a low turnout of a min of 1000 Fans, and a max up to 2500 fans.

Can anyone give some insight on the facality, and what Fans can expect.  I am sure many of people want this to be a great success, so it can grow wrestling for Indiana High School Wrestling.

MDinIraq,

I'm not exactly sure what kind of info you would like on the WHS facilities, but I'll do the best I can to try and explain what we have.  

Essentially we have one main gymnasium and an athletic fieldhouse.  The fieldhouse is where we host our 16 team dual tournament on the first weekend in December.  In that part of the venue we normally put 8 mats down for our dual tournament, however I'm not sure if the IHSWCA will utilize all 8 mats in that section or not.  There are bleachers in the fieldhouse for spectators.  Basically the fieldhouse is 4 basketball courts in width.  About 100 feet from the entrance to the fieldhouse is the entrance to the main gym, so both parts of the facility are very close to each other, separated by a concession area.  Fans will be able to easily walk from one part of the tournament to another and grab some food on the way.

So is WHS ready? We certainly hope to be.  We are looking forward to hosting the event this coming December.   I know that are athletic directors are excited to be part of this and worked very hard with the IHSWCA to get contracts out, etc.  I know that there will be several meetings in coming months with the IHSWCA and WHS to ensure that the event will run smoothly and be a positive experience for teams, officials, workers, parents, and fans.

I hope this helps somewhat, again not sure what details you were interested in.

Terry O'Neill

Westfield Wrestling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.