Recap of the Indy Nationals

wrestlingdad7

I liked the response given by red cobra on the now locked Indy Nationals comments.  I was not planning on attending next year due to this year's happenings, but with what he said, I will give it one more chance.  However; I am hopeful that the neglect shown at this years weigh-ins is not repeated mat-side next year.  If a person does not make the 2 pound allowance, even if they are quite close, they are scratched.  That is how it has to be done.  If it will not be done that way, I would like for us to be let know so I can again plan on not attending.

I agree with you on that, if I may add? If people do not reg prior to the turnament you will not be added to a weight class "kids were added to our bracket and were not reg" I felt like this was a setup to see who was in the bracket for there kids benifit. Also mr.durham can you please explain how this happend at a national event?

I hope that Mr Durham does not mind me answering on his behalf but I believe I know the answer since I helped with registration.  A wrestler can be registered on trackwrestling but will not show up on the viewable pre-registration list until their registration is complete and paid.  They are in the system, just on the back end.  There were several wrestlers that had trouble with the payment part of trackwrestling and contacted us ahead of time to make arrangements to pay their entry fee upon arrival.  Once they came in, they were released.  They had to wrestle in their registered weight class or pay the fee to move just like everyone else though.  They did not register after closing.

I am sure that Mr Durham will look into a way to have wrestlers in that situation listed as unpaid but viewable to everyone else next year.

I hope that Mr Durham does not mind me answering on his behalf but I believe I know the answer since I helped with registration.  A wrestler can be registered on trackwrestling but will not show up on the viewable pre-registration list until their registration is complete and paid.  They are in the system, just on the back end.  There were several wrestlers that had trouble with the payment part of trackwrestling and contacted us ahead of time to make arrangements to pay their entry fee upon arrival.  Once they came in, they were released.   They had to wrestle in their registered weight class or pay the fee to move just like everyone else though.  They did not register after closing.

I am sure that Mr Durham will look into a way to have wrestlers in that situation listed as unpaid but viewable to everyone else next year.

Your right, that is an option in trackwrestling that a admin. can change. I think some of the issues with trackwrestling events is there may be some small misunderstandings as far as some of the initial setup within the software.

I noticed that at Indy the bout numbers were sequential. Meaning that they didn?t change in number of digits from one round to the next. That can make progressions from round to round a little confusing when it comes to bout numbers. Most of the bigger events progress from round one 100?s round two 200?s?. it makes it easier to follow. IMO if you don?t have people who are very familiar with the software it?s much more efficient to set everything up in track and then do matside pairings. Runners can still bring results back to pairings to be entered, but the tournament won?t be held up while results are entered and admins wait for bout sheets, that can cause huge delays that get worse as the day goes on. I learned this the hard way. It might help make things run more smoothly next time.

There are so many things that trackwrestling can do and even more are added all of the time. It is really pretty awesome but I agree that it can crash an entire tournament if something is done wrong.  It will be even better when it can seed based on profiles and not just selected criteria, lol.    As far as entering results, this was not an issue.  We had a computer at each table and match results were live (enter each takedown, etc as it happens).  This is a very cool and efficient way to use trackwrestling.  You could follow each match on the trackwrestling dashboard just like IHSAA Finals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.