Old High School Wrestling Matches on Youtube

WaltHarris

Recently, I have been quite surprised at how many old Indiana high school wrestling matches I have found on Youtube.  It has been incredible!  Matches from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s that I thought were lost to the sands of time are out there on Youtube.  Some are of diminished quality because of the conversion process of video tape or the 8mm reels to digital, but hey they are there.

I have found both a plethora of regular season duals, old Mishawaka Invite (now called the Al Smith) and state finals video.  The real problem for users is the videos on Youtube have been labeled in so many different ways by the submitters.  Some videos might say, "Mishawaka" or "High School Dual" or "Joe Doe versus Tom Woe" or "SIAC Conf Wrestling."  They are nearly impossible to search for in an organized way unless one has a lot of time and is quite bored, like myself!

For archival and historical purposes, it would be interesting if Y2 or someone else created a web page/library on indianamat.com where users could see the link to such videos in an organized fashion.  We could all submit Youtube links we have found over the years and then they could possibly be organized in a reasonable format by admin, if that is possible and of interest to our wrestling community.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.