Breen (P)

Mattingly (M)

Osborne (TC)

Hohl (Ce)

Allen (HH)

Little (NP)

Kolley (B)

Wright (MD)

Looking through the first round matchups I can see 40-42 from the Evansville Central sectional getting through to semi-state.

Castle 26  - Evansville 30. 

Champions will most likely be slanted, but people are really overlooking some kids that have quietly proven themselves. 

Castle 26  - Evansville 30. 

Champions will most likely be slanted, but people are really overlooking some kids that have quietly proven themselves.   

With 26 from Castle you are basically thinking two kids per weight class.  I can see a couple of weight classes get 4 through from Evansville, which will make it really tough for the Castle sectional to send 26 on.  I really don't see that, but you might be right.  Can  you break it down into numbers per weight class?

With 26 from Castle you are basically thinking two kids per weight class.  I can see a couple of weight classes get 4 through from Evansville, which will make it really tough for the Castle sectional to send 26 on.  I really don't see that, but you might be right.  Can  you break it down into numbers per weight class?

106 - 2

113 -  1

120 - 1

126 - 1

132 - 2

138 - 1

145 -  1

152 - 2

160 - 3

17o. - 2

182 - 3

195 - 2

220 - 3

285 - 2

106 - 2

113 -  1

120 - 1

126 - 1

132 - 2

138 - 1

145 -  1

152 - 2

160 - 3

17o. - 2

182 - 3

195 - 2

220 - 3

285 - 2

So you have three from Evansville out at 113, 120, 126 and 145?  Evansville sectional is clearly dominant at those weight classes.  Welch at 120 is the best in that weight class, but I can't see Johns, Goebel or Johnson losing and you're nuts if you think out of Wedding, Vanhook and Pierre only 1 will move on.  At 113 and 145 I have all four from Evansville moving forward.  No question at 113.  You might get one at 145.

So you have three from Evansville out at 113, 120, 126 and 145?  Evansville sectional is clearly dominant at those weight classes.  Welch at 120 is the best in that weight class, but I can't see Johns, Goebel or Johnson losing and you're nuts if you think out of Wedding, Vanhook and Pierre only 1 will move on.  At 113 and 145 I have all four from Evansville moving forward.  No question at 113.  You might get one at 145.

You need to read the numbers again. 

Also, have you seen all these kids wrestle this year?  I have  and if you are discounting some of these kids based on their programs past, then you are in for a very long day. 

Bottom line, is the Evansville sectional is stronger without a doubt, but let's get real,

Mater Dei is not as strong as they used to be, Reitz has some real talent as does Memorial, but over all it's up to the 8 individuals in each class to show up and wrestle. 

You seem fixated on 120.  I think I listed the Castle sectional moving one on there.  There are 4 strong competitors in that class.  And all should move on.  But you ask my " opinion" and then tell me I am nuts.  Well duh!  But I  not drinking the Kool Aid and basing my observations on 30 years of watching kids walk out there and make fools of those who doubt them.

You need to read the numbers again.   

Also, have you seen all these kids wrestle this year?  I have  and if you are discounting some of these kids based on their programs past, then you are in for a very long day.   

Bottom line, is the Evansville sectional is stronger without a doubt, but let's get real,

Mater Dei is not as strong as they used to be, Reitz has some real talent as does Memorial, but over all it's up to the 8 individuals in each class to show up and wrestle.   

You seem fixated on 120.  I think I listed the Castle sectional moving one on there.   There are 4 strong competitors in that class.  And all should move on.  But you ask my " opinion" and then tell me I am nuts.   Well duh!   But I  not drinking the Kool Aid and basing my observations on 30 years of watching kids walk out there and make fools of those who doubt them.

My fault.  I did need to look again I guess.  I was reading that you have 1 moving on from Evansville at each of those classes.  I apologize for my mistake.

Here's what I got for the Castle Sectional moving on...

106 Brown...maybe Lutz

113 nobody

120 Welch

126 Coomer...will be good match with Hoehn

132 nobody...maybe Allen

138 nobody...maybe McDaniel

145 Singleton

152 Hawkins...good match with Dallas

160 Oser...maybe Koberstein

170 Burden?

182 Konerding, Martin

195 Halbig, Salkill

220 Boehm...Henrickson and Barclay possibly.

285 Breen

Here's what I got for the Castle Sectional moving on...

106 Brown...maybe Lutz

113 nobody

120 Welch

126 Coomer...will be good match with Hoehn

132 nobody...maybe Allen

138 nobody...maybe McDaniel

145 Singleton

152 Hawkins...good match with Dallas

160 Oser...maybe Koberstein

170 Burden?

182 Konerding, Martin

195 Halbig, Salkill

220 Boehm...Henrickson and Barclay possibly.

285 Breen

So you think Warren will lose to Peak?  I think that's as much of a lock as any to move on.  Should be another great match between him and King in the finals.

Baehl and Stock will be a good match at 113 IMO.  I think Stock will pull it out in a close one but a win by Baehl wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Oakley will beat  Allen if he can keep from getting thrown.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.