Fortwayne sem state representing in the rankings

Jake Riesen

In the three class system northeast indiana is dominating two of the classes.  I doubt they will have a real successful state tournament, but the smaller schools up in the northeast corner are killing the rest of the state.  They have the top 3 teams in 2a and two of the top 3 teams in 1a.  Just wanted to give some serious props to the coaches and atheletes that have been and who currently are building success.  As soon as the big schools get a taste of going to state because of the classes then watch out we may begin the transition into the best area of the state.  In all seriousness I do hope that Fort Wayne area schools readopt middle school wrestling, because it has seriously hindered their productivity in recent years. 

Terry Tipton

In the three class system northeast indiana is dominating two of the classes.  I doubt they will have a real successful state tournament, but the smaller schools up in the northeast corner are killing the rest of the state.  They have the top 3 teams in 2a and two of the top 3 teams in 1a.  Just wanted to give some serious props to the coaches and atheletes that have been and who currently are building success.  As soon as the big schools get a taste of going to state because of the classes then watch out we may begin the transition into the best area of the state.  In all seriousness I do hope that Fort Wayne area schools readopt middle school wrestling, because it has seriously hindered their productivity in recent years. 

Terry Tipton

I agree but they will never add wrestling back to the middle schools with the current administration in place, Fort Wayne Snider is having a successful year and a lot of the success is because the Jr class and Senior class was the last classes to go through the disbanded program.  I wouldn't be surprised that the will send back the 5 kids to Semi State with returning even more this year

The Kids are Sophmores on up who participated in Black Hawk middle school wrestling program.  And thankfully the program is being restarted again this year!  I believe they are already practicing and will begin meets in February.  Not enough is said that because it is the only FWCS that offers wrestling for middle school, any student from another FWCS can participate in the program.  My son attended Shawnee Middle School, but practiced and participated in meets for BlackHawk.  More kids and parents need to know this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.