Fuqua vs. Lykins

frigginhurts

does anyone remember this match very well from friday night?  I swear the score was wrong.  It seems like Lykins should have an extra point but now I can't recall how it went.  The final was 9-6 but I would like to see the match again and check the actual scoring.

The Truth

Let's see in the first period, flat stuck in a cradle for 16seconds on the clock, at the end of the period Lykins got a reversal while both were on there feet(should have been an escape) match 5-2 Fuqua.

2nd period while escaping Fuqua on his back for a 3 count  5-4 then he escapes 6-4 then he gets a no call takedown. ThenLykins got a takedown 6-6 on a sloppy go behind and Fuqua escaped  7-6. Then what you guys are talking about was the two of them with 5 seconds left withe the whizzer in and also Fuqua blocking him with his leg while neither official awarded points because there wasn't a takedown and sure wasn't back points.

3rd period started neutral and Fuqua got the takedown and the kid on his back at the end of the match was Lykins (not Fuqua) that got sucked back and should've got at least 2 more points  

The Truth

Let's see in the first period, flat stuck in a cradle for 16seconds on the clock, at the end of the period Lykins got a reversal while both were on there feet(should have been an escape) match 5-2 Fuqua.

2nd period while escaping Fuqua on his back for a 3 count  5-4 then he escapes 6-4 then he gets a no call takedown. ThenLykins got a takedown 6-6 on a sloppy go behind and Fuqua escaped  7-6. Then what you guys are talking about was the two of them with 5 seconds left withe the whizzer in and also Fuqua blocking him with his leg while neither official awarded points because there wasn't a takedown and sure wasn't back points.

3rd period started neutral and Fuqua got the takedown and the kid on his back at the end of the match was Lykins (not Fuqua) that got sucked back and should've got at least 2 more points  

that does ring a bell.  I'm not sure but the after the second period I thought the score was wrong....something strange happened and they even checked with the table.  i would LOVE to see a replay of this match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.