Team Regional Question

ekocottonball

More than likely not.... i believe only 4 teams i believe have won under the current format, MD, Mishawaka, CP, and LN.

But hey, if you cant win it, don't compete right? Thats why for years when MD was killing everyone, all the other teams decided not to show up to state.

Yeah or maybe when a mediocre football team wins their sectional, and then has to face a powerhouse team in the regional game the mediocre team should just withdrawl.  Then we  sit back and scratch our heads and wonder why wrestling gets a bad wrap. I understand every team is not going to make it to state or win a match at state, but shouldn't being Regional champions, or Semi-State champions be a goal to make for the team? You set these types of goals so you have something to go off of , so that kids can see the improvement that is being made. 

yep mo, up here in N. Central Indiana, we didn't have a 5A sectional for football for years.... i mean all the teams got together and decided "well Penn's gonna win this one hands down, guess its best not to play any games, that way our athletes can stay healthy for wrestling and basketball" so they all dropped out and Penn got a bye for the first 3 rounds of sectionals ;-)

Fortunately the last 2 years we have had a team up here to compete with Penn, so we got to have sectionals up here..... But poor adams, last year they faced penn in the final game of the regular season and got SMOKED and then got Penn in the first round of sectionals, so they decided to sit out sectionals as well. For safety reasons of course.

(if anyone believes this is serious, they need to check out The Onion, very credible news source.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.