Transfers to be come a more common place in Indiana

Coach77

I don't think this kind of lifestyle, moving from town to town, would be the right choice for me, but I can see where someone with the means would try to create as many opportunities as possible for their children.  Many Olympic athletes live and train far away from their families to become members of the most elite gyms and training centers, to work with the best coaches, and compete with the most elite athletes in their fields, at least in this situation, his family is actually making the moves with him.

I do, however, have issues with the student continually being held back.  It's one thing for someone to have their child start Kindergarten a year later, so they'll be one of the older kids in the class (and this is often done for athletic purposes), but seriously, he's kickin' butt against kids way older than him already, why does the dad feel the need to keep holding him back?  I mean, there are no rules that say a 20 year old kid will make better decisions in college than an 18 year old kid (it's about the freedom - getting away from the parents, not so much an age thing)...so that excuse just doesn't fly with me.

I disagree however about age.  I think there can be maturity significant difference between 17, 18 and 19 year olds.  What I am saying is that I think lots of 18 year olds seem to mature significantly from age 17.  It's not set in stone for all though.  Heck, I'm 38 and I am still immature.  I argue with guys on the the internet about wrestling issues for instance.

There is a level of maturity, yes, and that can make a difference, but just because someone is older when he enters college, does not mean he'll make better decisions.  He may, but if this is his first time away from the parents and on his own, well..let's just say, I don't think this is the only reason for the decision to hold the young man back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.