Looking for mat time with instructor around Louisville, KY

hoosierdad

OK, just a quick question. I'm looking for someone to work with my son one on one or even a small group of kids here or around New Albany Indiana. This is his first year of middle school wrestling, his 3rd year since he started. He's @ 100lbs. and finding open mats and someone for him to work with, or better yet someone to teach him is damn near impossible here right now. I know all the clubs start in about 6-8 weeks but here in southern Indiana even the clubs aren't much on really teaching. I would be more than willing to pay someone, I know there are the CIA's and Hoosier elites but I really don't want to have to drive 1-2 hours one way for wrestling practice. Any suggestions would be very, very, much appreciated.

We are here in Columbus, IN but that might be pushing the 1hr one way driving limit...might inquire around Jeffersonville...Danny Struck is the head coach of the Jeffersonville High team but he has a great organization...and he keeps a lot of kids on his teams...there is also a group out of Kentucky called North Ox...I dont know much about them.....where they are exactly?...coach?...just a thought...

I would be more than willing to drive that far if it would benefit my son Tristin. He's a great kid, he's done great locally here. I apologize, I'm sure I should know who you're with, but I can't remember. Coach Struck is great, we've been to a purdue clinic or two there at Jeff, but wrestling down here is fairly strange, territorial and all. The regional training center was great because kids from all over where there, but as for clubs they kind of frown on a kid from another school wanting to join their club. Like I said, club time we see alot of mat time, just wish we could start alot sooner. Clubs start down here about the first week in Dec. but they just don't do a whole lot for the younger kids.

I coach the columbus east elemenntary club...as of right now, we do one day of exercises(push ups, pulls ups, dips, crunches, running, etc)...then we do a day of open mat with instruction...nothing to critical because we are just working on somethings with fun...not a full fledge practice...but my kids benefit until the season gets under way...

I don't get caught up with what school this kid attends or what club he practices with...i coach wrestling...to whoever wants to be coached...at anytime...no commitment to me required...just a commitment to self required, a commitment to continuous improvement...

What is your sons weight, age, experience?...feel free to call me at 812.343.8103 to further communicate...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.