The Open Mat Interviews Jordan Burroughs

Jordan Burroughs talks about the past, present and future

Apr 19th, 2010

By TOM Staff

Last season Nebraska Cornhusker Jordan Burroughs suffered a major knee injury that ended his senior campaign. Immediately the message boards lit up discussing the likelihood of Jordan getting a medical red-shirt.

Burroughs was a heavy favorite to win his second NCAA title.

Jordan graciously took sometime to sit with TOM and discuss things.

TOM: As we all know the season did not really go as planned for you, how are you doing and what can you share with about where you at with your rehab?

JB: ?Yeah things were a little tough this year, but I just try to look at this injury as another obstacle I have to overcome to repeat as an NCAA champion, a lot of people don?t realize that we wrestle with a lot more than just our opponents but school, weight, injuries, just life in general, it?s a tough lifestyle and it definitely wears on you. Right now I just passed the 3 month mark in rehab, I had surgery on January 2, 2010 and I will be cleared to be back on the mat this summer, rehab has been tough and painful but I?m looking forward to next year.?

and the rest of the story can be found here.....a teaser...he tells us what weight he is going next year (which would set up a very interesting match-up with one of our own)....    http://news.theopenmat.com/2010/04/jordan-burroughs-talks-about-the-past-present-and-future/