Thank you Sambo Joe - Jeffersonville RTC Summary is posted

dstruck

Updated 5/6/10

The Team Jeff RTC goes each wednesday as listed below.  We will have clinicans at most every practice, and I will list those as they are confirmed.  Please bring $5 to pitch in to a clincian donation - all of our athletes here paid the clinician with-in their club dues, so we ask those stopping in to help pitch in. We also practice on Monday's and Thursday's at 5pm in March, and 4:30 in April, May and June.

Wednesday - March 3rd - 5-6:30  (ran by JHS Coaches, folkstyle emphasis)

- approximately 40 in attendance from Jeffersonville, Dupount Manual, Scottsburg and New Albany from agest 6th grade to 12th grade

Wednesday - April 7 - 4:30-6:30  MOUNT SAINT JOSEPH'S - Casey Stouffer - Head Coach

-33 wrestlers there tonight from Trinity, New Albany, Jeffersonville and Dupont Manual - Coach Stouffer talked about differences between div. 1 - 2 - 3 NCAA Wrestling, showed Greco for an hour and 15 minutes and the kids got 45 minutes of good Greco live in.

Monday 12 - Army Combative Instructors from Forth Knox - 38 in attendance - Great new techniques shown!!!

SSG Bailey

I'm Army Combatives pure I've completed Army Combatives Level

I-IV. I am the 194th Combatives NCOIC and I am the Combatives Facility

NCOIC. I coach the 194th Combatives Team and am the Assistant Coach for

the Post team.

SSG Holcombe Combatives

Level I-II. 194th Combatives Assistant

Instructor.

Fights Heavyweight on the 194th Combatives Team. As a High School

wrestler compiled a 137-32 record, also has a 243-26 Freestyle and a

56-1 Greco Roman record. His titles include 6 State Freestyle, 2 Greco

State. He also won the Cadet JR Olympic Title 1993 and 94 and was a 2

time Schoolboy festival Champ.

Jason Keaton

Holds a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and is certified

in Army Combatives Level I-IV. He is the 16th Cav Combatives Director

and serves as Head Coach for 16th Cav and the Post Team from which he

trained 3 Soldiers to top 4 finishes at the All Army Tournament. He

holds a Pro MMA record of 12-3, 19-5 Amateur. He was the US 90kg Judo

National champ for 2009 and came in 2nd place at the Pan American Games.

Wednesday - April 14th ? GRECO NIGHT LIVE! ?

3 mats going - 6 USAW Licensed officials - 50+ kids - 3 matches a piece - thank you to Columbus East and Jennings County for each brining a team down, and to Louis Rosbottom for organizing a whole crew of refs

Wednesday - April 21 - 4:30-6:30 MANCHESTER COLLEGE

Matt Burlingame enters his second year as the head coach of the Manchester College wrestling program. He spent the 2006-07 year as the assistant wrestling coach at Manchester and helped coach the Spartans to a 3rd place finish at the Midwest Regional.  Additionally, two of his wrestlers qualified for the DIII National Championship and one became Manchester 's 22 All-American.  Matt has twelve years of coaching experience as well as a Division I wrestling background.  

Prior to joining the Manchester program, Matt coached high school in Kansas, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.  In his coaching career, he has coached 5 individual state champions, 7 state place winners, and numerous state qualifiers.  He has also help coach these teams to league and regional championships, and two top ten finishes in the state tournament.

Matt graduated from Virginia Tech in 1995 with a B.S. in Fisheries Science.  While at Virginia Tech, Matt was a four year starter and 3 year co-captain for the Hokies? wrestling program.  During his tenure, Matt was a Virginia Intercollegiate League State Champion and 3-time place winner, a 4-time Colonial Athletic Conference place winner, and graduated 10th on the Hokies? all-time win list.

Following graduation from Virginia Tech, Matt received a M.S. in Biology from Kansas State.  Matt and his wife, Julie, and their three children Emma, Elijah, and Isaiah reside in Fort Wayne.

Thank you Coach Burlingame for spending an hour and ahalf on counnter offense with us, and then wrestling a half hour live.  We had 23 in attendance from Jeffersonville and Trinity high School, KY.  

Wednesday - April 28 - 4:30-6:30  - INDIANA UNIVERSITY- Pat DeGain

Thanks Coach DeGain! What great enthusiasm you put into a practice!! The kids got a lot out of this!!  35 kids in attendance from Southwestern and Jeffersonville.  Great hard drilling session at the end!

Thursday 29 -4:30-6:30  Lindsey Wilson College - Head Coach Corey Ruff

Thank you Coach Ruff and Coach Perkey - our kids say "we have a new gut wrench now" thanks for the tips, it was a great practice! 30+ kids in attendance.

Wednesday - May 5 - 4:30-6:30 SAMBO WRESTLING - Joe Neeley

20 in attendance to try something new....lots of great throws....he even broght gi,s for the kids to try.....joe nneley: 9 time national champ, pan am champ, world finalist, first kentucky wrestler to ever wrestle for the marine team

Wednesday - May 12 - 4:30-6:30 (Live and conditioning going into Regionals)

Wednesday - May 19 - 4:30-6:30 (live and conditioning going into Regionals)

• 2 months later...

Jeffersonville hosted another successful RTC last night.  With a low of 20 kids on the last night, and a height of over 50 kids on our ?Greco Live Night?.   We had clinicians from Mt. St. Joe College, Lindsey Wilson College, Indiana University and Manchester College.  We also brought in Army Combative instructors that worked with kids in Wrestling, Judo, and Jiu-Jitsu.  And on our last night we had a man come in from Cincinnati to work with the kids in Sambo wrestling before we try going to the USAW Kentucky state Greco/Freestyle and Sambo championships.  Different schools that attended this RTC were: Trinity KY, Dupont Manual KY, New Washington, New Albany, Floyd Central, Columbus East, Jennings County, Jeffersonville and Scottsburg.  While we never had all schools there at once, (as many schools only attended once),  they were there at  different times non-the less.  This tells me with the variety in instruction and activity we did offer something that different clubs wanted to see at times.  It is my goal to keep working to get more kids together in southern Indiana at one time.

We will have the wrestling room open the next two Wednesday's at 4:30 for live wrestling before Kentucky State and Regionals for those that want to come. No Fee will be applied.

BELOW ARE CLINICIANS WE HAVE HAD PRIOR TO 2010 - Above are 2010

Former Clinicians

Franky James ? Campbellsville College Head Coach

Scottt Smith ? BJJ Black Belt

Jeremy Bolt ? former U of I wrestler, State Qualifier, and MMA Fighter

Mike Brown ? 2x State Qualifer, Brown Belt, and CAI Head Coach

Royce Alger ? NCAA AA - Iowa

Jake Obrien ?  2x State Champ- UFC Veteran

Alex Stiebling ? UFC Veteran, Pride Veteran

Scott Hinkel ? Purdue Head Coach, NCAA AA

Ben Wissel ? NCAA AA Purdue

Chris Fleeger ? NCAA AA Purdue

Glenn Lanham ? Purdue Assistant Coach

Duane Goldman ? IU Head Coach, 4x NCAA AA

Kevin Tate ? Rend Lake College Head Coach

Ed Wojdyla ? Judo Black Belt, and Cultural Exchange Director

Kacey Stouffer ? Mount Saint Joe College Head Coach

Harry McGinnis ? Triton Junior College Head Coach

Sgt. John Lindsey ? National Guard Hand to Hand Combat Instructor

Sgt. Dan Mansfield - ? National Guard Hand to Hand Combat Instructor

Daniel Rosbottom ? NAIA National Qualifier, 2x State Qualifier

Robert Rosbottom ? 2x State Champ

Josh Stith ? State Qualifier ? MMA Instructor at Full Moon Martial Arts

Brent Maddox ? MMA Instructor at Full Moon Martial Arts

University of Louisville football players -  former wrestlers

Keith Seiracki ? World Greco Medalist

Jay Yates ? NCAA AA

Kyle Fellure ? former U of I head coach

Charlie Pingleton ? NCAA AA, 2x State Runner-up

James Wortley ? Black Belt Judo

Michael Horton ? U of I Wrestler

Shelby Wilson ? Olympic Gold Medalist

Terry Wetherald ? U of I Head Coach for 30+ Years

Thomas Winn ? Mt. St. Joe?s

Billy James ? 2x Oklahoma State Placer

Stephen Bradley ? 3x State Champion

Matt Irwin ? University of Indianapolis

Jared Swint ? Cumberland College TN

Andy Bricker ? Campbellsville College

Evon Russell ? Triton Jr. College and Dana College

King?s College Wrestlers

Limestone College Wrestlers

Dana College Wrestlers

Virginia Military Academy Wrestlers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.