2010 National Middle School Duals - Team Indiana

PROPOWER

I will post all updates and important information about the 2010 Team Indiana - National Middle School Duals under this post. 

Indiana will take 2 teams to the 2010 National Middle School Duals held March 27th ? 28th in Danville IL.  Qualification for this event was though the 2010 IHSWCA Middle School State held at New Castle 2/14/10.  The top 2 place finishers earned a spot on the Indiana Gold or Indiana Blue team, if one of the top 2 place finishers declines their spot it will be offered to the 3rd place finisher in the same weight.  Wrestlers have till March 6th to accept the offer and at that point if we have not received the forms and required fee we will ask the 3rd place finisher. 

Coaches:

Indiana Gold ? Head coach Leroy Vega - Assistant Coach Brady Eppert. 

Indiana Blue ? Head Coach Lance Ellis - Assistant Coach AJ Bradley. 

This year transportation and lodging is different than years past, wrestlers will travel and stay with their parents or guardian for this event.  This was done to help lower the cost of the trip.  We have a block of rooms reserved and can get the information to parents once they have signed their wrestlers up for this event. 

If your wrestler placed top 2 at the IHSWCA Middle School State and will not be going as part of Team Indiana please let me know ASAP so we can contact the 3rd place finisher.  I can be reached at 317-695-1106 or chris@proindustries.com

Chris Lynch

ISWA Folkstyle Director

Acceptance Forms and Payment due by this Weekend.  Both Team Leader (Mark Stevenson) and Myself will be at Kids State all weekend if you would like to hand deliver them to us.  If we have not heard from 1st or 2nd place finisher by this weekend we will start contacting the 3rd place finisher in those weight classes.  My cell phone number is 317-695-1106 if you would like to track me down this weekend.  I will post an updated team on Monday.

Gold Team Blue Team

75 Cale McCormick Jake Sinkovics

80 Drew Hughes Brett Johnson

85 Kayla Miracle Jake Tucker

90 Jacob Cottey Chase Osborn

95 Ben Harvey                     Blake Rypel

102 Bailey LaHue Justin Atkinson

110 Cody LeCount Tommy Forte

117 Conner James Aidan Kenny

125 Evan Smiley Kenny Hughes

132 Jack Bolin Gabe Estes

140 Vincent Corsaro Austin McCloskey

150 Scottie Sopko Casey Adams

160 Michael Bates                            Caleb Sheets

175 Dakota Thacker Miguel Ibarra

195 Gelen Robinson Mason Morningstar

220 Sam Steward Michael Rohr

275 McBryan Groler Mavrick Morningstar  

All wrestlers please remember you need to make scratch weight wearing a singlet for this event.

Below is information about the National Middle School Duals held at the David Palmer Arena, 100 West Main Street - Danville, IL61832.  We would like to have everyone meet at the Arena at 5:15 pm Danville IL time ? they are 1 hour behind Indianapolis time.  At this time we will hand out the Team Gear, meet the coaches and check weights.  Once the whole team is there on weight and gear is handed out we will go to weigh-ins.  You must make scratch weight wearing a singlet.  If you have any skin ailment you must have a written doctor?s release.  You also must have your USAW Card (also sometimes called ISWA Card) and copy of your most current report card. 

This year we have reservations for dinner at The Beef House Restaurant, 16501 North State Road 63, and Covington IN 47932.  They are going to provide a special menu for the kids with meal being around $17.00 which includes Salad, Rolls, Main Dish, Sides and Ice Cream.  Adults can eat off their regular menu or off the special menu.  This is not a mandatory meal ? just a place to go that has a lot of room so everyone could be together.  All other family members are also invited to attend the meal.  Please remember the cost of this trip did not include meals ? so each individual will be responsible for the cost of their meal.  If you plan to eat at The Beef House with the group please e-mail me at chris@proindustries.com with the number that plan to attend so I can let the restaurant know an approximate number of people.  If the wrestler decides not to eat with the team they will be released to the parents after weigh-ins. 

Everyone will need to be at the Arena by 6:45am on Saturday and ready for the 8:00 start time.  We will deal with the rest of the schedule as we know when we are wrestling. 

I will be out of the country till March 22nd and not sure if I will be able to receive phone calls.  Please direct all questions to the team leader ? Mark Stevenson until that time 812-390-8656. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.