Throwing in the Towel in Ticket Round?

porkrinder

So your saying that you would kick off a guy that has already been a two time state qualifier, was undefeated until this loss, and his season is over? You would be an idiot to kick off a guy like that especially for one little mistake. He is probably the leader on his team and he still has his senior year to go. And I think that guy is definitely good enough to be classified as a "real" wrestler. One mistake doesnt make him a bad wrestler.

If the kid was good enough to qualify for state before, but pull a stupid thing like that, then yes.  That is a disgrace to a program and a school.  If you are mad, keep it under control and try to get your points, but go out trying, that is a real wrestler.  You do not give up like that, and if he didn't care anymore, then he could just fall to his back, but NEVER walk off of the mat during a match!!!  For a stupid thing like that, he SHOULD be punished, and the best way to prove the point is not allowing him to wrestle at state.  Like it or not, that's exactly what I would do if I was his coach.

Throwing in the towel? You guys talk about how pissed you guys are and how disrespectful it was. You guys have no idea what i've been through. Going into semi state recovering from an injury and having a bad match...I lost everything in 5 mins and 58 seconds. Watching all the disappointed faces on my family and friends I feel like i controlled my angry quite well. If frowning down on me is what you guys feel like I deserve then go for it. Dont see you guys saying anything about when Bryce shoved one of his teamates the first time i beat him.