What does a coach have to do for some Numbers???

WMC0809

I would have announcements for wrestling and have the kids that you ave try to get there friends to wrestle anf so forth!  I am a middle school coach and have 49 kids on my team so far with only 1 week into conditioning!

Start an elementary program 2nd-6th, get a trusted consistant coach at the middle school(s) that feed your high school program and start a travel freestyle club.  Have recruiment hog roasts/dinners/camp outs/fun outings throughout the spring and summer.  This is what our program does and we have hit elem numbers as high as 300, middle school numbers that can fill 2 full teams plus and at least 80 kids to start each season and finish with around 60-70.  Hope this helps.

I had this same problem.  My first year we only had 5 guys.  I hit all the freshmen and junior high gym classes. I also went through the school and talked to football players and had the kids on the team all bring in friends just to see if they would like it. It took like 2 years of doing this but we are about 20 guys right now and about 15 of them are underclassman.

I need some tips for some numbers. I have been wrestling with only 3 guys, have four sitting right now but it just is horrible that only 8 kids in a school wants to wrestle. 

How did you come up with 8 when 3 and 4 is 7?  It is a challenge to get them kids interested in wrestling sometimes. I know we're having a few guys give up on it just as they were getting decent and that stinks.

How did you come up with 8 when 3 and 4 is 7?  It is a challenge to get them kids interested in wrestling sometimes. I know we're having a few guys give up on it just as they were getting decent and that stinks.

Because i have one coming in Monday. I 4got to mention that. Now for the Guys that have replied how many of you are teachers? Because I am not so I don't have the opportunity to go into classes. I also have tried the other two suggestions and they have not been successful yet.

Because i have one coming in Monday. I 4got to mention that. Now for the Guys that have replied how many of you are teachers? Because I am not so I don't have the opportunity to go into classes. I also have tried the other two suggestions and they have not been successful yet.

I'm not a teacher but i talk to the AD and get in there and talk to the kids.  When I talk to them in gym class i try to take the angle that it will make them better football players and get them in better shape for other sports.  I've also told them how most of the UFC guys have high school wrestling backgrounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.