A special thanks to EVERYONE at PRIME TIME camp!

lpd096

I want to take this opportunity to thank Coach "Peck", Coach Dulaney, and Coach McCormick along with the many high school counselors at the PRIME TIME camp! Jake (Tucker) had a fantastic experience and all of the Lowell boys really gained a tremendous amount of knowledge and information from your camp. Coach Willmann assured us that it would be one of the best camps to attend and he was correct.

The group photo, individual report card, and technique packet was great!

Thanks and we'll be back next year!

--Coach Tucker, Lowell Wrestling

Josh Stewart Had a  ;Dgreat time at camp met some new friend and love the front headlock and hammer moves. Great Job Josh on earning a trophy for Mr. Hussle. Also we are looking for a drill partner for the summer 6th grade thru 8th grade 90lbs to 100+ for details please call Mr. Stewart ( Brandon ) at 1-260-249-4622 . Hope to get some calls soon. Have great a Summer. " SUMMER WRESTLING MAKES WINTER CHAMPIONS".

Congrats to Lowell's Kenny Hughes for earning the trophy for Best Mental Attitude at the Prime Time Camp. Kenny is definitely one kid that every coach wants in their room! His work ethic and leadership are outstanding!  :)

I apologize for taking so long to make a post regarding this year's Prime Time camp.  Coach Dulaney and I are on the road right now in Georgia with the YHS wrestling team on our way to the Disney Duals.  I would like to thank the Lowell parents for their kind words, and your kids did indeed do an outstanding job at camp!

Overall, this year's camp could arguably be described as our best camp in its 10 year history.  It was a success in my opinion due to the chemistry of kids that were at camp this year.  On numerous occasions I observed "older" campers helping "younger" campers with tasks such as moving through the lunch line, getting their gear on for the morning run, and so on.  This year's group of kids were very genuine, hard working and kind in nature.  There were a number of young men who were indeed homesick at some point in the camp, but they pushed through it gracefully as I had challenged them to do at  our firt night's meeting.  Also at this meeting, I asked the campers to always be honest and turn in any lost items during camp -- including money.  On three occasions, three different campers turned in money they had found on the floor in the lockerroom.  This is another example of what a special group of kids we had at camp this year.

As I mentioned at the close of camp to the parents, I am usually ready for a break after the Prime Time camp, but we had so few issues this year and the wrestlers were so incredible that I was actually disappointed when camp ended!  This group of 114 wrestlers was very special and I know some of these young men will be standing atop the award podium at Conseco someday, because that's just the type of kids they are.

Kids don't turn out good by accident.  In closing I want to thank the parents for allowing us to be part of your children's lives for a few days.  Phenomenal kids usually have phenomenal parents.  I want to thank you parents for a job well done in raising your children.  Words that come to mind in describing this year's campers are kind, caring, responsible, persistent, interesting, motivated and honest to name a few.  More than any wrestling technique, these are the qualities and characteristics that I believe we strive to instill in our children.  I am pleased that my own son was able to hang out and get to know these type of kids at camp this year.

Again, thank you for a great camp, and I hope all of the campers were able to catch up on their sleep after returning home.  They definitely earned the right to sleep in on Monday morning!

Coach McCormick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.