New Greco Rules for Greco State explained in post

wrestlinggods

New Greco-Roman Wrestling Rules

I wanted to post these new rules for everyone to see.  I am going to explain them to the best of my ability so everyone will understand.  Every period will be wrestled on the feet for the first 90 seconds.  The last 30 seconds are explained below.

First Period

The winner of the 90 seconds will always be on top.  Top wrestle will win with no score in the clinch.

If the score is 0-0 after 90 seconds then the RED wrestler will be on TOP and must score in clinch to win the period.

Second Period

The winner of the 90 seconds will always be on top.  Top wrestle will win with no score in the clinch.

If the score is 0-0 after 90 seconds then the BLUE wrestler will be on TOP and must score in clinch to win the period.

Third Period

If the score is 0-0 after 90 seconds then points from periods 1 & 2 are added up and wrestler with most points has a CHOICE top or bottom.  The TOP wrestler must score to win the period.

If the score is 0-0 after 90 seconds and points are equal from periods 1 & 2 then you look at:

1.  wrestler with least amount of cautions has choice top or bottom

If this is equal then go to #2

2.  wrestler with highest amplitude of points has choice top or bottom

REMEMBER!! Top wrestler has to score to win.

If the score is 0-0 after 90 seconds and everything is equal from periods 1 & 2 (cautions and amplitude of points) then you go to a coin flip.  Winner takes TOP and must score to win.

I hope everyone understands these new rules.  If you have any questions e-mail me of respond to this post.

Coach Weimer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.