New Indy Greyhound Coach

Congrats to Josh Hardman, but I think he might be in for a rude awakening when he said he wants to turn the Greyhounds into one of the top schools in the nation. He sure is being a bit unrealistic. Hopefully he can adapt to the team well and try to help them improve their academics. I know the teams' grade point average is a large concern of Dr.Sue Willy.

Congratulations to Josh Hardman.  Another Manchester Alumn back coaching in Indiana...I couldn't be more excited for him, for Indianapolis, and for wrestling.  Having known Josh since 1995, I believe he will do a great job in both aspects of teaching young men to be STUDENT-athletes.

The returning Greyhounds better be ready to work and rise to the occassion.

Three MC alumns now at Indiana Colleges...

Mike Ester @ Trine

Brian Anderson @ Wabash

Josh Hardman @ U of I

All doing great...

Congrats to Josh Hardman, but I think he might be in for a rude awakening when he said he wants to turn the Greyhounds into one of the top schools in the nation. He sure is being a bit unrealistic. Hopefully he can adapt to the team well and try to help them improve their academics. I know the teams' grade point average is a large concern of Dr.Sue Willy.

The academics on the team are actually pretty good with the Greyhounds having 4 NWCA Scholar All-Americans this season (Panko, Irwin, Fornal, Harris) and a 7th place National Academic standing for their starting lineup.  These 4 individuals, plus the 10 or so Coach Yates had over the last 5 years is pretty good.  There are just a few gpa's on the team that are probably bringing down the whole group.  A lot of the guys  do well in the classroom.  Dr. Sue Willey just overlooks these things and instead focuses on the negative, only on the lower end guys.

Congrats to Josh Hardman!

I agree there are good students on the UIndy team. I only stated this because Sue Willy's main concern while hiring a new head coach was finding someone to improve their teams' grades. So this should be what Josh Hardman focuses on while he takes over the program. I just thought he should make more realistic goals for the future.

Here is the article, be sure and read the last few lines......four NCAA Division II wrestling coaches association all-academic selections and a seventh-place academic ranking in the coaches association listing.

http://athletics.uindy.edu/news/2009/4/20/WREST_0420091326.aspx?path=wrest

The University of Indianapolis has a total G.P.A. of like 3.21 , Dr. Sue Willy is just as concerned with the golf teams academics as she is with the wrestling teams. For you to make a comment like that really plays down the hard work these young men have done.  As for not being able to Compete? I think this team held things together pretty well for being a young team that had to go through a lot. lets look at the line up?

125- Jimmy Nichols

133-Ethan Harris- Red shirt Freshman, all-academic selection

141-Matt Irwin- true Junior, all-academic selection

149-David Lopez- true Freshman

157-Cory Fornal- Red shirt sophomore, all-academic selection

165-Jacob Blackwell- true Freshman

174-J.T. Jenkins- true Freshman

184-Keith Smith- true sophomore

197-Sam Johnson- true Freshman

285-Lynn Panko- Red shirt Junior, all-academic selection

Everyone is back next year with the exception of 125, and i believe that true sophomore Blake Harvey had the Varsity spot until he tore his ACL, and that true Junior Josh Allen also spent time wrestling at the varsity slot.  Add in a few new recruits to help push these young hard workers and who knows whats gonna happen.  I have a feeling Uindy is gonna be just fine, and has some of its best days ahead. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.