Indy Detours could lengthen travel time to Greco & Freestyle State

Infolady

From ISWA Transporation Director John M. Schattner:

This week a road closure lasting the next forty-five days has been enacted. This could have a significant impact on those traveling to both Greco and Freestyle State tournaments from the north central area of the state.  Detour: If you are coming SOUTH ON US 31: when you get just south of Westfield St. Rd. 431 (Keystone Ave.) is totally closed. All traffice is forced ot remain on US 31.

If you are going to Greco State at Lawrence North HS, you will have to stay on US 31 until you get to the I-465 junction and go East on I-69 north to get to Lawrence North High School.

If you are going to Freestyle State at the Fairgrounds, you can either stay on US 31 which becomes Meridian St. and follow it to 38th Str. turning left. OR you can take I-465 East to the southbound Keystone exit and follow Keystone to Fall Creek Parkway turning right to go o the Fairgrounds.

These detours have added about 1/2 hour on Truck routes from South Bend, Peru and Kokomo to the Indianapolis Airport. I would anticipate the same amount of additional time when coming to either Lawrence North or Indiana State Fairgrounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.